6 replies to this topic

#1 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

OK.

I see that there has been a post on sieves. However I have been collecting Endecotts and Tyler 8" sieves over the years whenever I have done a lab clearance.

I had a tot up the other day and found I had about 150 sieves. I have sorted myself two complete sets, however this probably leaves about 60 - 70 spares mainly 100% stainless, some are brass with stainless mesh and a couple are brass with bronze mesh.

You will know these range in price from about £70 - £140 each new. Is there anyone interested in good sets of 10 - 20 sieves for £7.50 a sieve?

D

Phew that was close.

#2 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi digger.
I was wondering if you might have a couple of capillary tubes lurking around somewhere ?
1 - 2 mm I.d.
Only ones I could find , MOQ 100 or 1000.

#3 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

I Should have thousands of them kicking around somewhere. However it has to be said I do have many many boxes of glassware waiting to be sorted out.

If I can put my hands on them with ease you can have a few. IIRC there is about 100 in every tiny tube, surely they are not expensive.

D

Edited by digger, 22 April 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Phew that was close.

#4 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

I tried a year or so back and they seemed to be very difficult to come by in uk.
Lab co's did not want to know, local chemist would not oblige either.

K

#5 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

OK, I have had a quick look through. I can only put my hands on some very fine tubes. I have no idea of the ID, but I guess you could work it out from the following.

They are 25mm long and contain 5 microliters.

If you are interested in a few send me a pm and we can work out enough to cover the postage of a few (to keep them in tact).

D

Phew that was close.

#6 barnsley-mark

barnsley-mark

Why did I try that?

• UKPS Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I would certainly have a set

#7 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks Mark.

I am guessing that (assuming those who have contacted me take them) that there is one set left, which is the one that consists of 10 8" brass ring endecotts sieves of which 6 have stainless mesh and 4 bronze meshes.

All of the other sets (10 or 11 sieves) are fully stainless and in great condition.

D

Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users