4 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Must admit that I'm not exactly looking as hard as I once did, but there doesn't seem to be too many seasonal type shops around at the moment. Maybe the short term seasonal seller is dying out (good or bad thing, the floor is open for discussion!) The days of the newsagent selling a selection seem to be gone too (although again, maybe I just haven't noticed shops selling stuff.)

Has anything interesting/relevant caught anyone's attention this year?

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

i really really wanted a "king hell" from epic but they had all gone

Edited by dr thrust, 23 October 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#3 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

I noticed that One Stop are selling fireworks this year(I didn't pick up on what brand). Whilst not exactly a traditional newsagents shop, they are now fulfilling that sort of role as they're everywhere. Unfortunately they're owned by Tesco, so I suspect they will sell the same over-priced window dressed stuff...

You can never have a long enough fuse...

#4 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

King Hell is, to my understanding , basically Hercules from Brothers circa 2007. I liked Hercules but to be honest it was (to me) in the "good" rather than "brilliant" category. But it won the UKFR fireworks of the Year 2007 (I think that was last year that the UKFR ran the award) and was really highly thought of. I can't comment on King Hell directly as I have never seen it.

As for Tesco and their "family" of brands, I don't shop at Tesco myself, so can't comment.

Edited by David, 26 October 2013 - 11:10 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#5 John C

John C

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

One stop are owned by Tesco so will proberbly be standard

And there is a good seasonal shop in Leicester near the Aberdale pub there selling SPOOK Fireworks and Dancing Red Devil at 60% off they have pyromesh to they have 4 pyromesh rockets for £50 there SPOOK brand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users