• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

A very odd and troubling report of a man who claimed to have an interest in making fireworks, who seems to have been anonymously setting off various explosions around his town including one under a Land Rover. Even had the cheek to go on TV as a witness to the effects the mysterious explosions were having on the town's people.

This highlights the kind of idiocy that the UKPS and it's members are up against, in trying to be recognised as a legitimate and safe bunch. Also sheds some light on why the police can take what may appear to us to be a heavy-handed approach to any reports of our members' legitimate activities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-24653507

Specific details are a little sketchy, but does anyone think the ball bearing bit of the story could have been a ball mill accident?

#2 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Ball mill accident,
Ball bearings ?
Everything he did seems deliberate to me.
Was it his range rover ?

Just an old fasioned criminal nutter.

#3 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Not this chap is it?!

http://www.pyrosocie...arning-from-me/

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#4 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

lol he should of just bought shit loads of cat3 of the net and let them off to get his jollies, and saved himself a 18 year stretch (ouch)

Edited by dr thrust, 24 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#5 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Just an old fasioned criminal nutter.

Yep that's the general impression, but you never do know how accurate media reports of this kind of thing are. I think in this case it's pretty obvious he was knowingly up to some dangerous stuff and putting people in serious danger, but more generally you can imagine how the media could turn "lead balls" into "ball bearings", "near his car" into "under a car" etc. etc.

#6 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yes.
although procedings are public its very difficult to get a copy although I believe they can be se3n online by legal professionals.

#7 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

He does sound like a bit of a nutter to be frank. It is extremely likely he enjoyed the power he felt he had by scaring people stupid. It also sounds like it slowly escalated from making loud bangs to devices that did real damage.

I don't see any indication that he was a genuine, safety conscious pyro enthusiast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users