• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Has anyone got any sources for these or suggestions for diy.

All my stuff has been mothballed for a while now and I just had a look at a few bits and pieces and the mill jars look a bit 'tired'

I've emailed Phill C about his but he hasn't replied.

I've tried innoxia ones in the past but to my horror one of them split at the shoulder after about 3 uses.

The usa diy type tend to use bits of plumbing which aren't available here.

I've previously had one from pyro stuff but I just get a forbidden page when I try  the website.

I've thought about using hdpe gas pipe but don't know how to diy weld the end on and sort out the lid.

I've bought kayak type waterproof kegs but they are not really ideal and also a bit on the large size.

What do you use?   

Ideally I'd like something about 5 x 10 inches (for milling individual components)                        

All suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

#2 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hi Martyn

I use the 3litre size from Key:

http://www.key.co.uk...ng=&viewSize=30

Jimmy

#3 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

Thanks very much chaps.

Jimmy, hi - I didn't know those were available in 3L, or of that supplier. They are the smaller version of what I bought, which was a tad too long for my mill, but I could re make it. Although I'd also have to spend a day on the church roof and a day or two casting media to fill it. The 3L one is a definate contender.

Ken - I actually have several of those and spare caps as I use them on my rock tumbler to tumble polish jewellery using stainless steel shot. I was unsure if the friction fit ends would deal with several kilos of lead rolling around. I could always tape them on though. I have a bit of soil pipe so I may have an experiment.

Has anyone has any success in diy hdpe

#4 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

Hi Martyn, Ive not had any emails about mill jars from you I can see?

Ive still one of each "specially made" type left and if your in no MAD rush I can make one to the sizes you want in the same style thick walled, parallel sided hdpe like them to suit your mill exactly?

#5 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

Ah thanks Phil, I thought you may have been away or something.

I contacted via cooperman 435 contact us link to ask for clarification on the jars.

Looking at the details for the two sizes the dimensions are the same for both jars, I wanted to order one which fitted best.

I'll pm you ta.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BP, milling, ball mill, hdpe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users