Possible over-reaction perhaps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-26496032

#2 Malcolm Smith

Malcolm Smith

Professional Pyrotechnist

• UKPS Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005 still in force.

MSER PART 3  LICENSING AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS  

Explosives not to be manufactured without a licence  

9.  - (1) Subject to paragraph (2), no person shall manufacture explosives unless he holds a licence for that manufacture and complies with the conditions of that licence. 

2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to  -   

(a) the manufacture of explosives for the purpose of laboratory analysis, testing, demonstration or experimentation (but not for practical use or sale) where the total quantity of explosives being manufactured at any time does not exceed 100 grams, but nothing in this sub-paragraph shall be taken as authorising any acquisition or keeping of explosives for which an explosives certificate is required by virtue of regulation 7 of those Regulations, without such a certificate;  

Firework Displays and Special Effects                http://www.supremefireworks.co.uk              

#3 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Looks like an over reaction to me, although who knows how he got reported. That is was always makes me think that they may not have been acting safely. Either that or a disgruntled neighbour, ex-friend etc.

At the end of the day, if the police find anything they don't understand (which would be most chemicals) they will treat it as serious explosive threat.

#4 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

The sooner the better when we all can go legit, even if we have to keep to the 100g it's a whole lot better than nothing at all.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#5 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

The sooner the better when we all can go legit, even if we have to keep to the 100g it's a whole lot better than nothing at all.

Agreed. Any news on the consultations yet?

#6 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

I hope that there will be comment at the society AGM on progress with ELR

Edited by Arthur Brown, 09 March 2014 - 06:04 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#7 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

1:30pm - 2:00pm Nathan Munson from the Home Office will give a presentation, followed by an opportunity for questions. He is part of the pre-cursor regulations team, so we should have plenty to ask him, Followed by Wayne giving us an update on the Explosives Legislation Review.

Plus i'm sure their will be plenty of gossip about it :D

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#8 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

1:30pm - 2:00pm Nathan Munson from the Home Office will give a presentation, followed by an opportunity for questions. He is part of the pre-cursor regulations team, so we should have plenty to ask him, Followed by Wayne giving us an update on the Explosives Legislation Review.

Please don't put information from that on the paid only section.

#9 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

There will be much gossip but little fact, and we should all be aware that this particular case is very unlikely to be closed in a week so anything will be sub judice and we should take care not to inflame the situation, but to look and listen carefully.

The members area is for things that are for members' benefit, and for  things members have paid for by  membership and/or time invested.

Edited by Arthur Brown, 09 March 2014 - 10:14 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#10 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

It's the AGM, you are more than welcome to come along and hear it all first hand as it were.

However I believe it is being videoed, so it should be on youtube soon enough (subject to individual speakers permissions).

#11 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

300 mile round trip isn't too bad, we have people coming from Cornwall and Scotland.

It might not be all gossip, ya never know the man in question might make an appearance at the AGM, if he's been released by then :o

#12 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

The members area is for things that are for members' benefit, and for  things members have paid for by  membership and/or time invested.

That’s interesting maybe my attendance to the AGM could be fruitful it may be worth the 300 mile round trip after all just to meet you, Regards PG.

Only a 300 mile round trip,you have no excuses than Kenneth :D

Edited by starseeker, 10 March 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#13 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

Only a 350 mile round trip for me this time, so quite a close one compared to some of the others we have had.

Phew that was close.

#14 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Only a 350 mile round trip for me this time, so quite a close one compared to some of the others we have had.

Such is the loyalty of the true UKPS stalwart :)

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#15 Peret

Peret

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

It's a 16,000 mile round trip for me, but one day I might surprise everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users