72 replies to this topic

#61 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:40 PM

Hope you will all enjoy the weekend - I will not be there - shame - would love to.

While on the subject - any members in the HULL area?

#62 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

Sorry you can't make it mate. Try and have fun in Hull :D

#63 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:36 AM

Well were setting off soonish, breakfast at the pub (yum) then making our way. Shame you cant make it Big, look forward to meeting other members and seeing some LARGE fireworks! Biggest i ever seen is a 6inch shell, any idea on the largest shells in the display?

#64 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:51 AM

You will see at the least an 8", maybe a 10" or a 12" if we are lucky.

#65 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

right about to print out map, finish charging camcorder batteries, finding tapes, monopod, loading drinks, munchies into car etc then with luck I'll get to this pub around 17:00 y'all better still be there :-)

A 12' shell ? bloody hell just the whoomp of the thing going up would be pretty impressive :-)

Anyways Hopefully I'll see in a few hours :-)
later dudes
Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)
Oh yeah and never leave home without a lighter :-)

#66 minalth

minalth

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

just got back home, its 12:30, shugbrough was Awesome! there was a short bonus display by an italian company at the begining which was really nice too.

i'm going to bed now, i would have written more but im tired.
If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

#67 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

Was a pleasure meeting you guys. What a FANTASTIC evening. You really had to be there to understand how excellent some of the displays were. The Orzella demo was out of this world.

#68 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:02 PM

It was amazing, those multi break shells were incredible. Shame we were down the pub, we could have seen them. The use of fanned comets were fantastic, the entire show was brilliant. Was great to meet the others too, i had a brilliant time and cant wait till the next meeting... :D

#69 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:08 PM

Likewise Karl, good to meet up!

Congratulations to Jubilee for great organisation once again. Also for getting together Millenium, Bracknell, Festival and Orzella for a fantastic display.
Allways nice to get a bit of fallout, makes you feel part of it. :lol:
I will definatley be there again next year, it gets better every time.

Bring on the Italians! :blink:
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#70 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:57 PM

I'm not sure if this is the best place for these links but here goes :)

I've compiled .zip files of some of my photos from each company at Shugborough. These are all un-processed straight from the camera, so apologies for any dodgy angles etc... It would take ages for me to process and sort them so I figured it would be better to just get them online.

I managed to leave the camera on ISO1600 for the Milennium display like an idiot :rolleyes: so the photos are very grainy and over-exposed. Thankfully I realised my mistake before Jubilee started. The Zips range from about 6-13Mb - any problems downloading them let me know.

Orzella

Festival Fireworks

Bracknell Fireworks

Millenium Pyrotechnics

Jubilee Fireworks LTD

Enjoy the photos - I had a great time taking them. Next year I'll try to arrive early enough to have a chat before everything kicks off - I just managed to set the camera up in time for Orzella. Here's hoping they return next year :D

#71 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure if this is the best place for these links but here goes  :)

I've compiled .zip files of some of my photos from each company at Shugborough.  These are all un-processed straight from the camera, so apologies for any dodgy angles etc...  It would take ages for me to process and sort them so I figured it would be better to just get them online.

I managed to leave the camera on ISO1600 for the Milennium display like an idiot  :rolleyes: so the photos are very grainy and over-exposed.  Thankfully I realised my mistake before Jubilee started.  The Zips range from about 6-13Mb - any problems downloading them let me know.

Orzella

Festival Fireworks

Bracknell Fireworks

Millenium Pyrotechnics

Jubilee Fireworks LTD

Enjoy the photos - I had a great time taking them.  Next year I'll try to arrive early enough to have a chat before everything kicks off - I just managed to set the camera up in time for Orzella.  Here's hoping they return next year  :D

View Post

I heard stories about your pictures Creepin, and wow they are right! Simply amazing photos! Shame didnt get to meet you, there will be other times i am sure. Thanks for posting the pictures.

#72 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

I'm not sure if this is the best place for these links but here goes  :)

I've compiled .zip files of some of my photos from each company at Shugborough.  These are all un-processed straight from the camera, so apologies for any dodgy angles etc...  It would take ages for me to process and sort them so I figured it would be better to just get them online.

I managed to leave the camera on ISO1600 for the Milennium display like an idiot  :rolleyes: so the photos are very grainy and over-exposed.  Thankfully I realised my mistake before Jubilee started.  The Zips range from about 6-13Mb - any problems downloading them let me know.

Orzella

Festival Fireworks

Bracknell Fireworks

Millenium Pyrotechnics

Jubilee Fireworks LTD

Enjoy the photos - I had a great time taking them.  Next year I'll try to arrive early enough to have a chat before everything kicks off - I just managed to set the camera up in time for Orzella.  Here's hoping they return next year  :D

View Post

Amazing, very beautiful

#73 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:57 PM

nothing but problems downloading them - got orzella, wee bit of brightening and they're mint (batch processing mate, takes no time :-) But after 20 minutes of attempting to download the rest - no joy at all. they all cut out before the full file makes it - I'll piss around with a download manager later :-( But I guess that's the downside of free hosting.
Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)
Oh yeah and never leave home without a lighter :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users