As per subject, precursor licencing is now a reality. Here are the particulars:
- It costs £39.50
- License last up to 3 years (dependent on the expiry date of proof of identity (passport/driving licence)) and the renewal fee is £39.50 with the same application process as a new application.
- You must hold a licence by 03/03/16 to cover any existing restricted chemicals in your possession
- You must hold a licence by 02/09/14 to cover any new acquisitions of restricted chemicals
- You must hold a licence by 02/09/14 to cover the sale of restricted chemicals and any sales should only take place where the buyer has a licence in place
This is serious stuff guys, so please apply as soon as you need to. Failure to do so will be not be taken lightly, or has the home office puts it:
"If found guilty, there is a maximum penalty of 2 years’ imprisonment and/or a fine."
All the details and licence application process can be found:
Its a big change for us, but think of plus points:
- It legitimises our activities further - A licence is another way to prove competency
- It will isolate and possibly eliminate the casual "I want to make flash to make big bangs" type people and help to make the hobby more professional.
- You don't have to worry about chemical supply companies turning you away from purchasing chemicals - you have a license to purchase, they can't turn you away!
I will be applying ASAP to see how the process proceeds. I will keep you all posted.
Edited by wayne, 13 August 2014 - 10:53 AM.