• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:37 AM

Given that we can now experiment with up to 100g NEQ, how would you use that 100g for best effect. This 100g includes any lift powder and commercial powder used.

Please show your design ideas for how much you could do with 100g,

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#2 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

I think we should try to incorporate something like this into the AGM's.

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#3 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:56 PM

Go be brave! Actually try to use exactly 100g NEQ for a selection box, Rocket, Fountain, Wheel, Mine, et al. Who can get a small cake and a single shot out of 100g -all with decorative effects.

If you are looking to get A&K then this sort of project should be right up your street.

Rocket 15g comp (stick clay and paper don't weigh)

Gerb 7.5g comp with iron filings, 7.5g comp with titanium flake two tone!

Stars 10g each of Phiko Blue, Veline Red, Veline Green and tiger tail, cut up to 4mm

total 70g  

30g  commercial 4FA for lifting stars and breaking an insert.

#4 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Just a note that any part of the composition when added becomes part of the compositions weight, 7.5g of gerb comp with 0.5g iron filings becomes 8g of composition. 

#5 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Yes deffo 4oz BP rocket 16g and I think a 2 1/2" colour ball shell weighed in at 66 grams so 83 grams and some room to manoeuvre would make a 1.3G rocket that would be hard to beat in shop bought material. Or maybe a 1lb core burner I haven't made one in a while but seem to remember 75 grams does that sound right?? and a 25g report :) would give a Jorge thunder rocket a run for it's money. At the other end of the scale I had some attempts at a pinwheel and think that a 1/4" tube about 18" long took about 7.5grams. I think with good lift and a falling leaves shell or maybe tiger tail one might just manage that within the 100g for a 3" ball.

Rod

#6 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

OK point taken Cooperman, Let's continue to work our what is the Best (your definition!) you can do with 100g NEQ. Is it a single item, or a selection box?

#7 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

Kenneth, I may well be wrong re 75g for a 1lb core burner but I haven't made on in a long time and in the days I did I probably added TI to all the fuel instead of just the delay so making it heavier! Wont do that again.

I suspect your 10 shot cake would be fine as long as the whole thing you are firing at once uses <100g

Rod

#8 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:22 PM

This is more like it, lets get back to the good stuff!

That's not to say we're not working on explosive certificate application problems in the background, but its time for those with all the necessary licences to get working and discussing!  :)

#9 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

This is more like it, lets get back to the good stuff!

That's not to say we're not working on explosive certificate application problems in the background, but its time for those with all the necessary licences to get working and discussing!  :)

Nice idea Arthur and Wayne but I suspectthat there will only be a few people with the necessary paperwork. Wont be much fun with only four or five people.

#10 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Yes nice idea but leaves me feeling a little frustrated at the moment because I can't go and make something :(

Rod

#11 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:06 PM

When you say licenced Wayne would you be referring to the EPP? Or A&K?

Whatever you require to be legal in your particular circumstance...

#12 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

No I didnt miss the point. However those of us that do not have an accquire or an a&k would not be al lowed to make anything would they? Please correct me if I am wrong. I would love to see a lot of experimentation but without legal clarification as tocwhat we can and cannot do,there are a lot of us that are not willing to take risks of being on the wrong side of the law.

#13 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

Because I still don't have an explosive certificate yet :(

Rod

#14 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Because I still don't have an explosive certificate yet :(

Rod

That is the problem Kenneth. Without the licence is it legal to make and use the 100grammes or not. A Definitive answer is needed to that question.

#15 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

We already know the answer. We need an explosive cert to make anything, I thought everyone understood this now

Rod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users