Society leaflets

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

I've been looking through some of the society's leaflets which IMHO are a bit out of date in some respects. I was thinking maybe it's worth getting some new ones printed.

We generally distribute leaflets at the AGM and events such as the MLE firework competitions.

I would certainly suggest putting a link to a postal address and possibly a phone number instead of an actual postal address as this address has now changed twice since these leaflets were printed, the info in a email link can be edited fairly easily.

I've attached a scan of both sides of our 'current' leaflet, does anyone have any suggestions for artwork and content that they would like considered if we decide to get some new ones printed ?

Leaflet1.jpg Leaflet2.jpg

I was thinking about getting new ones done in time for this years MLE events, plus any music festivals we attend :o but now i'm thinking wait until after we have a pyro day.......

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#2 exat808

exat808

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

A few preliminary thoughts - 

• A QR or barcode link to the website.
  • Maybe a dedicated membership enquiry email address that can be passed around as the committee changes.
  • A discount membership price based on a code on the leaflet.
  • Definitely update the panel regarding legislative changes.
  • Use the leaflet as a .pdf email attachment on all external mails sent by committee memebers.

Enough for tonight. Grey cells getting tired! 

#3 GMetcalf

GMetcalf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

I second the idea of a dedicated email, maybe even for general enquiries, which remains permanent while the committee swaps around. Also definitely swap the physical postal address for a web address plus or minus a phone number.

#4 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

We do actually have dedicated email addresses guys, chairman, secretary, membership etc have .org addresses that stay with the person in that position as and when the person changes. Ie Steve currently has the same chairman email that Steve before him and Richard before that had.

#5 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

I was thinking of a email with the address on it so that we don't have to make address stickers for old leaflets.

#6 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:20 PM

Probably not actually a email, i think it would be a webpage or something to that affect.

#7 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:47 PM

Yep I think that's a very appropriate step, if we just have the current address in the website and all promotional material with our web address it stops it being outdated as soon as any address alterations are made

#8 GMetcalf

GMetcalf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

People are also much more likely to look at a webpage now we're in the age of the smartphone, hence giving out the leaflet will allow people to effectively immediately explore the website and learn more. Which is always a bonus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users