16 replies to this topic

#16 BurlHorse

BurlHorse

Burlhorse

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:31 AM

Well, After so much consternation, It seems to be the concensus that I apparently ran afoul, Sorry, You all may be right. Of course the solvent will evaporate, My only point was that you can sometime run amuck with how much of the actual (BA) added) solvent, in this case Water, you will end up using.

I am pretty sure that I started reading about 15 years ago and ever since then, "Reserve about 10% of your comp in case you over wet it....", The same would then hold true as to the amount of water, because you've added the pecentage of BA to what you think will be all the water used....., however if it's a tried and trued formula and there are a few Out there, I digress to my original post, because depending on the chemicals used, especially Charcoal, experience dictates that you will never use the same amount of solvent to wet the comp. I therefore feel that if you add X amount of BA to X amount of Water, and dont use all of it, because the comp "feels" right for effective binding., then the percentage of BA WILL be off, granted maybe not by much if you are only making small batches, however, anything ove a pound or more the difference would be substancial and effect the intended goal.

I see your Point DFK, I hope looking at it from a different point of view will make you see that we both could be right given the Ideal Circumstances which are rare in the wonderful world of pyro. Take it light and Stay Green,

Regards,

Bear
There are old pyros, and there are bold pyros, but there are not very many old, bold pyros....

Check Out My E-Bay Auctions !!

#17 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:19 PM

I made my first test. The Comp. does not burn like ordinary flash, but very bright, slower and green. I tested a te-spoon of lose powder on a rock. I will make some small cut stars and a "go-getter"-tube.

Thanks for all your help!

The mixture is very messy! But this is no news to people who have made flash before.

Edited by Yugen-biki, 21 April 2004 - 10:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users