8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

I've got 300m of plastic ignitor chord that I don't have a use for and would rather not just store indefinitely, it's reasonably smokey so I don't fancy burning it off, similarly, I've got some medium rockets that I don't have a safe location to set off, and would like to dispose of safely.

Anyone have any good ideas for disposal of unwanted explosives?

Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#2 Pyro-centric

Pyro-centric

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Sell the PIC?   rockets, just motors or with an effect included.  Funny I was going to put a post up asking what is the maximum quantity of fuse you can purchase/hold without a licence.  300m of PIC has to be worth something to someone.

#3 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hi Steve, original Pic is like rocking horse poo ,this is definitely worth a few quid,the modern equivalent which is called Manitor is selling for £100 a roll which i think are 100mtrs,if i was closer i would buy it off you.

#4 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

The PIC is original old stuff, brown fast burning. I didn't realise it would be worth anything as it's not something I tend to deal with. What do you think 298m would be worth for a quick sale?

The rockets are standard shop bought rockets with heads on them.h There isn't room at our property for rockets, but someone brought them round to a bonfire night and left them here. I'm wondering if I could remove the motors, burn them upside down, then fuse the heads and set them off in a mortar tube. There is room for a mine, but there are too many buildings for rocket sticks to land on. Or I could also split them right open and throw contents on a bonfire.

Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#5 Pyro-centric

Pyro-centric

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:11 PM

Others please say if different, but I don't see an issue with taking off the rocket motor and putting it a clamp of some type to burn it off.  There may well be burst charge for the "pretty" bit, so care would be needed but cut open and burn off the stars.  Knowledgeable ones, would he fall foul of build/construct regs?

Edited by Pyro-centric, 14 July 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#6 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:03 PM

It would be modifications but to bypass that a hole dug in the ground and a tube into it with the rocket pointed down will cure the issue?

#7 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Not really bothered about those sort of regulations, it's only about 6 shop bought rockets. I'm more concerned about safety and environmental protection, the general guidelines of firework disposal say to soak in water, then put in the bin. I guess the heavy metals will be just as bad dispersed in the air as buried, and things like perchlorates etc wouldn't be that bad in landfill sites.

#8 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Wish you weren't so far away, I'd deffo have that brown PIC off you, love the stuff. I'll have a word with my mate who has a transport business and see if he's down you way anytime soon.

Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#9 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Join the (I imagine huge) cue Trev :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users