• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PyroGuyTV

PyroGuyTV

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hi, so I'm a pyromaniac and I really want to buy Firecrackers, but to my understanding, they're banned in the UK. However, I saw another post on here saying that the users friend order Firecrackers, and they arrived, meaning that they went through customs. If I were to buy these, would I get them? Some people on here have said that these are illegal in the sense that if you are caught with them, you will be fined the amount of damage you have caused. Does this mean if I buy these online, I will get them, I just need to not get caught? I intend to use them in a field with a mate, away from any livestock or people. Also, does anyone know a website where I can get cheap firecrackers/fireworks? Bombashop is incredibly cheap, and I can get 60 firecrackers for 38p, but everyone on here seems to hate them and tell people not to buy from them, why?

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

Illegally imported fireworks are illegal. Possession of them is an offence. Bringing them into the country by an inappropriate method is an offence. There are some strings of "firecrackers" that are properly imported and available from good retailers, look round your local firework shops, particularly the ones with an all year sales licence, most are very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about fireworks.

Having hypothesised on here about getting things sent to you, you are probably on a "list" by now.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 PyroGuyTV

PyroGuyTV

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

Oh crap, I thought they were only illegal in a sense of I buy them, disturb neighbours/cause damage, I get fined. Okay, while I've decided not to buy these, I've posts here saying 'dumbums' here are legal? Is that true? If so, any recommendations of suppliers?

#4 PyroGuyTV

PyroGuyTV

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

Also, please could you tell me which of the fireworks from here are legal?

Thanks.

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

While the fireworks may be lawful in Poland, ordering them for UK delivery will be illegal 1/ the transport will be by a non pyro courier -hence illegal, 2/ the fireworks are not of types permitted in the UK.

The UK (assuming that is where you live!) has a large number of 365 day firework shops some of whom will be near you or will do proper transport and deliver in your area. As the (5 nov) season approaches there will also be seasonal shops. 

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 Rob.L.

Rob.L.

Not quite right!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:11 AM

Hi, so I'm a pyromaniac and I really want to buy Firecrackers, but to my understanding, they're banned in the UK. However, I saw another post on here saying that the users friend order Firecrackers, and they arrived, meaning that they went through customs. If I were to buy these, would I get them? Some people on here have said that these are illegal in the sense that if you are caught with them, you will be fined the amount of damage you have caused. Does this mean if I buy these online, I will get them, I just need to not get caught? I intend to use them in a field with a mate, away from any livestock or people. Also, does anyone know a website where I can get cheap firecrackers/fireworks? Bombashop is incredibly cheap, and I can get 60 firecrackers for 38p, but everyone on here seems to hate them and tell people not to buy from them, why?

Hello Pyroguy,

Have you considered a diiferent approach to your enthusiasm for fireworks?

There is a better way than your current approach and you will be pleasantly surprised to know that depending on your age you can have alot of freedom to experiment given a bit of time.

And all without the worry of "lists", Police and the weight of the government bearing down on you. If you give out the wrong signals I promise you the authorities will persue it and come to say "hi"!

A unique opportunity exists in this country so make the most of it and be a part of the legitimate community, meet up and do it right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users