#1 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hi all,

How many of you guys would be up for a 5 night stay in a 6 bedroom luxury penthouse apartment close (ish) to the Las Fallas events (arrive 15th march, depart 20th march 2017)

If six people are willing to go, it will work out about £200 each for the apartment + flights (£100 average) + your own spending money (food/drink etc).

#2 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hi Keith

Yes please, you can put me down for that one as a definite.

Gareth

Phew that was close.

#3 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

Actually, make that 2 of us the misses wants to come along as well.

Phew that was close.

#4 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

Nice one Gareth + Misses,

Here is the link to the apartment/penthouse I have in mind, its about the best I can find, and is situated in downtown Valencia near to the cultural & cathedral areas - tell me what you guys/gals think? or if you fancy a apartment elsewhere? or you want to book your own smaller/private accommodations on your own?

As most of you know guys, almost all accommodation during Las Fallas gets booked up very quickly, and prices rise at least threefold compared to other weeks = so its in our interest to book within the next 4 weeks!

Please note, if we get a total of six persons to go (or to occupy the four remaining bedrooms), I would welcome a meeting to book up online there and then in front of everyone (so I won`t take any monies from anyone) - also please note;- its also your responsibility to book your own flights from wherever you are in the UK.

So come on guys, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Keith

#5 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

Sorry here is the link ;-   https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p895709

#6 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

Looks good

My flights are booked.

Lets hope you get enough people for this apartment.

Maybe a post on the fireworks forum would be wise.

Phew that was close.

#7 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:42 AM

Put me down for 1 please  :D

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#8 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

Thank you Portfire

Only three places (double bedrooms left)

Has anyone found some cheap flights yet?

#9 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:34 AM

We are flying from Humberside as it is only a 10 minute drive from my house. The turn around in Amsterdam is about an hour and the flight times are very sensible. depart 10:40 and return 17:10.

I am sure similar routes (at the same times) are available from lots of local airports as KLM fly to many of the small airports in the UK.

Not sure what the normal price of the tickets are, I booked them through my frequent flyer card and they were about £70 for the return trip.

The only issue is there are no flights on the 15th, which is not a problem for us as we are going out there on the 11th as we may go and visit some friends who are about an hour south of Valencia.

Edited by digger, 28 September 2016 - 08:34 AM.

Phew that was close.

#10 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:57 AM

We are flying from Humberside as it is only a 10 minute drive from my house. The turn around in Amsterdam is about an hour and the flight times are very sensible. depart 10:40 and return 17:10.

I am sure similar routes (at the same times) are available from lots of local airports as KLM fly to many of the small airports in the UK.

Not sure what the normal price of the tickets are, I booked them through my frequent flyer card and they were about £70 for the return trip.

The only issue is there are no flights on the 15th, which is not a problem for us as we are going out there on the 11th as we may go and visit some friends who are about an hour south of Valencia.

Thats handy being only 10 minutes from your local airport + sensible daytime flight & turnaround times and a good price (even though its not direct).

Ive potentially found a return easyjet flight for the dates Im proposing for around the same price (as I live in the Romford Essex area), but Im won`t disclose details yet or book unless I get confirmation that more people want to go on this trip.

Have you got a back up hotel in mind if there are no takers for the penthouse (other than portfire)?.

#11 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

No matter what I am going. There still seem to be a few apartments left to rent around the main square and plenty elsewhere, OK so it would work out a little more expensive but that does not worry me too much.

There are also a number 3 bedroomed apartments for rent if you still want to go.

Anyway, I would like to get it booked one way or another this weekend. Give me a call and we can discuss it.

Gareth

Phew that was close.

#12 JamesB

JamesB

• UKPS Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

I'll be in the Hostal Venecia again this year, nice and cheap, plus on the main square, just got to try and sort out getting there from Bristol airport now, been flying from Stanstead in previous years and it's a bit of a faff! 

#13 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

Wow that is cheap, it does not look too bad either. Shame they don't have any of the better rooms still available.

KLM operate a flight from Bristol Via Schiphol. I think it is about £220, I know it is a bit expensive (this comes down to about £60 if you have some air miles and a flying blue card).

The transfers are about 2 hours in Schiphol and the flights are at sensible times.

I don't know if you have been through Schiphol, but as airports go it is great if a little large (I've been though there about 50 times this year).

I highly recommend going from local airports in the UK via Schiphol rather than getting a crappy flight from Stansted or having to turn up 2 hours early at Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester (along with expensive parking and having to drive to the airport rather than a cheap taxi ride).

At my local airport I usually turn up about 10 - 15 minutes before boarding starts and walk straight onto the plane (must check in online though as check in has to be done no later than an hour before boarding).

Phew that was close.

#14 JamesB

JamesB

• UKPS Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:09 PM

That's a good shout, after a few trips on the Ryanair flying supermarket, KLM was a breath of fresh air, I'll look into doing Bristol to Valencia via that route, nice one!

#15 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

No problem James

If you are flying back on the 20th I will sign you into the lounge in Valencia and Amsterdam (assuming you are taking the 17:10)

Keith

Tiny Tim +1 is also up for the trip. Does that make it a goer?

If not let me know as I will arrange alternative accommodation on Sunday.

Thanks

Gareth

Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users