• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jfkingsley

jfkingsley

• UKPS Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:52 PM

Hello all,

I'm Jon, and i've recently joined the Society after many years of lurking the forums. I'm currently North West based.

My background is mainly in Software/Electronic Engineering, so the majority of my interests have been focused around pyrotechnic firing systems, being an interest i've had from a very young age.

I recently had the opportunity to setup a small electronics lab, and as a result ended up developing several Pyrotechnic focused R&D projects which have given me great pleasure to experiment with.

As such, i've been taking a rather active interest in the community again, and should hopefully be posting some more detail soon, as well as hopefully gaining a better insight into the chemical and practical side of things which I unfortunately have less experience with.

Thanks!

Edited by jfkingsley, 05 October 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Rob.L.

Rob.L.

Not quite right!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Hello Jon and welcome to the forum and society,

I'm sure others will extend the same welcome to you.

I too have a good lot of electrical, high voltage gear and laser equipment as well as a well equiped chemistry set up. Many of us have 'lurked' in the shadows of worry and so on but thanks to the work done by many parties including the UKPS we have a place in law that is better defined than ever.

If you have any questions on chemical matters then a number of folk on here will be happy to help. There are a lot of experienced folk on here, my own pyrotechnic experience is less that most but have been handling chemicals for decades.

If you do not already have your EPP Licence then that is a good start.

See you around on the forum and hopefully any future events that you may attend.

#3 jfkingsley

jfkingsley

• UKPS Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:47 PM

Hi Rob, and thank you for the particularly useful opening gambit.

Exactly, and that's one of several reasons i've decided to start being more active, I'm a firm believer that if you're the smartest person in the room you're in the wrong room.

In such case, I shall definitely be asking questions in the future, and certainly researching an EPP if I end up with a heavier interest in the creation side of things. For now, my taste for danger only extends to firing as opposed to building!

Thanks!

Jon

Edited by jfkingsley, 05 October 2016 - 06:48 PM.

#4 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Wellcome to the forum Jon,

Btw,great first post :)

#5 jfkingsley

jfkingsley

• UKPS Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

Thank you Starseeker! Hopefully I can continue that standard through to the future.. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users