2 replies to this topic

#1 spectrum

spectrum

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

This has possibly (or probably) been posted before, please forgive any repetition.

Can anyone pass on personal experience of these items. Are they reliable? What are the initiation characteristics in comparison to "normal" lelectric igniters?

I am looking to source a reliable supply either in China or at an honest price in the States for these items. Not a huge quantity, maybe 1000 - 5000 assuming the price is right. I've been quoted a ridiculous price and have turned here for common sense.

Paul M.

#2 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

A few years back I used sfi igniters from pyrosure, they worked well, I don't remember any problems, or any delay in initiation.

Have a word with Mike Knox, he was the go to chap at the time, he's a decent bloke, happy to chat and very enthusiastic about his products.

I don't know what to you is a silly price, but I assume you will do a bit better than this if you have 5000.

Link here click

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by martyn, 11 November 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#3 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hi Paul

We've used the Solar Flare igniters a bit, very reliable, but they do seem a tad slower than pyrogen based types when used in a pyromusical for instance - though in some cases there will be a reasonable cable resistance in series in our system which would likely slow down the response.

Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users