10 replies to this topic

#1 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:14 PM

Being the new guy.....two Novembers ago I ran into a UK rocket fan in Monticello
Florida. Any of you guys by chance that fellow?
How about strobe rockets? Some of the FL. boys make a neat rocket that stobes as it ascends. Just like a strobe pot.It makes a real cool wap,wap,wap as it goes up.At one time I had a video of how to construct them. If say the administrator
or someone that is a VERY experienced pyro is interested I would try and dig it up and send it across the pond. Is the VHS
format the same over there as it is here?
Have other videos around here somewhere that I would LOAN. Will only send them to persons that the head honcho says is OK to receive. And of course if I can find the darned things.
We have another club member that makes an incredible rocket that as it ascends rings of stars project outward in a repeating manner maybe 3-4 rings. It is
simply spectaculer. Happened to see him consruct part of the heading. It's a segmented affair much like an Italian multibreak cylinder shell only the individual
"shells" are nearly flat. Then he stacks them together one on top of the other. The stars themselves were maybe 13mm
pumped cylinder stars.13mm max. All the flat shells shared a common spolette fuse.
He must have crossmatched the spolette by boring holes at the correct interval as it passed through the flat shells. This was a marvel of engineering to witness. But not nearly as much as watching the effect itself.Actually being an engineer he was absolutely meticulas about the construction. I witnessed him using dail calipers to measure the stars.I asked him if it wasn't a bit much and he didn't even look up from his measuring and said he only makes one or two a year and he wanted it to be perfect. It was. Imagine the full charcoal lingering tail of a large
bore rocket with various colored rings breaking around the tail. It appeared as though the tail was poking holes in the center of the rings. I must add that the stars turned off EXACTLY at the same time.The calipers still seem like a bit too much to me but they did perform perfectly.

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 07:47 PM

Have other videos around here somewhere that I would LOAN. Will only send them to persons that the head honcho says is OK  to receive.

Hehe, that be me :)

In the uk we have VHS PAL tapes, in the states I think it is NTSC format

Your vid collection sounds quite cool Bernie!

[Edited on 22-4-2003 by Richard H]

#3 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 09:28 PM

so what your saying is that they won't work?

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 10:43 PM

Yep, they need to be both either PAL or NTSC format.Such a pain in arse isnt it!

#5 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 01:28 AM

Oh well it was worth a try. It's a shame.
I don't really use them that much. I used to watch them in the nude.

#6 robert johnson

robert johnson

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:42 AM

Did I tell you that I drive my car in the nude as well.
However you would never catch me swimmimg like that, it justs get too cold,What do you think I am, mad or something. My gods it cold today may be thats because I have moved this computer on to the front garden and I am her writing to you in the nude!!!!!!!!
Have you tried charcoal bashing in the nude it brings a new meaning to being hung like a black man.

#7 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:58 AM

over here in the states we are all hung like black men.even the white guys.and the girls too.you stinkin' racist;)
don't you people work?

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by bernie briden]

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by bernie briden]

#8 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 03:54 PM

Back on the point (One of them!) there are quite a few UK videos that can play back US NTSC coded VHS tapes. Nearly all the machines that are TVs with built in videos can do this as can some newer separate machines. You won't be able to copy though, as the signal is still NTSC coded. You can copy them to true UK PAL using a format converter, these are available in the UK for about 80 pounds. You can't go back to NTSC without a US or multistandard video recorder though...
If anyone wanted a few US to UK conversions I could do it for them. (as long as I can keep my clothes on)

#9 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:22 PM

I hope these arent those infamous nude seminars. Actually, this is getting quite creepy.

#10 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 11:20 PM

Guys, lets remember this_is a pyro forum. Things are getting off topic, and Rob, quite frankly rather bizarre!

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by Richard H]

#11 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 01:25 AM

It's my fault. Please forgive me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users