• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paintballislife

Paintballislife

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:12 PM

Ok after i made an appernt ass outta myself, i was wondering if anyone could help me out where i went wrong. I cooked it for a good 5 minute at least or until i felt everyhitng was mixed well, probally bout 7-10, poured it into two stoneware dishes and baked it for almost an houir if not more, i checked it at 30 minutes, still too soft and left a residue, 40 minutes, ditto. About 50 minutes it started turning carmely and began hardeing up after cooled, but not quite there, after about an hour most of the batch had turned orangish caramel, but after i let it cool it was just flaky and not putty like i saw. It packs well, but not well enough to make life easier, has a nice kick to it though.

#2 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:42 AM

WHAT are you talking about? "I cooked IT....." ?!?!

You mean KNO3/sugar or what?!

Edited by paul, 04 August 2004 - 08:47 AM.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#3 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:02 PM

Paintballislife,

Take a step back and explain what it is you are making and what chemicals are being used followed by a detailed process.
Some people on the forum may not have seen your initial post and now this is in an alternate area hence confusion.. next people will nick name you the naked chef on the forum.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#4 Paintballislife

Paintballislife

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:56 PM

sorry thoguht everone on the board read about me, anyways here we go.

http://www.jamesyawn...candy/index.htm i followed his instructions to a t.

brought it to a boil and stirred constantly, got it all mixed from what i could see, then did the above.

I really do need a better scale though, i made the mistake of using a spring scale, im going to buy a digital one thats within a .1 gram. This stuff seems to be burning really fast. I did notice i forgot to stir it after it was done cooking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users