823 replies to this topic

#196 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

These instructions are there to kill people, so I think many many succeeded in this with help of the A-C :)

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#197 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 06:47 PM

i wonder if anyone has actully made anything out of there and suvived!

View Post

I made 3:1:1 BP out of there and i think i'm alive

But i haven't made anything more "exotic" from there since i saw this forum i realised it was crap and had nothing to do with pyro so into the recycle bin it goes :)

#198 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:01 AM

Been smoking something? Maybe sniffing too much of the old blackpowder

Was that directed at me? No I havn't been smoking anything (could be the firework fumes :huh: )

It was probibly the Bp sniffing. :D I just cant seem to keep that airfloat out of my nose! :unsure: I get a lot of jokes about it. :P

I made 3:1:1 BP out of there and i think i'm alive
But i haven't made anything more "exotic" from there since i saw this forum i realised it was crap and had nothing to do with pyro so into the recycle bin it goes

Doesnt the Anarchists cookbook (Richard, I am serious about bleeping out those words, as a joke of course. As long as it is not too much work to do) method involve boiling a few cups of all the ingredients in a pot of boiling ethenol :unsure: ...OVER AN OPEN FIRE! :ph34r:

Edited by seymour, 27 March 2005 - 03:02 AM.

The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#199 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

It wasn't exactly the AC but it was written by the jolly roger i think. Anyway it's a long time ago so i don't remember fully where i got it

Edited by Pretty green flames, 27 March 2005 - 01:45 PM.

#200 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:42 PM

just out of intrest did the bp work?? pretty green flames?
Got some chemicals to sell?
i might buy them just PM me

#201 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:44 PM

Was that directed at me? No I havn't been smoking anything (could be the firework fumes :huh: )

It was probibly the Bp sniffing. :D  I just cant seem to keep that airfloat out of my nose! :unsure:  I get a lot of jokes about it. :P
Doesnt the Anarchists cookbook (Richard, I am serious about bleeping out those words, as a joke of course. As long as it is not too much work to do) method involve boiling a few cups of all the ingredients in a pot of boiling ethenol :unsure: ...OVER AN OPEN FIRE! :ph34r:

View Post

my god thats dangerous! why dont they ban the a/c?

#202 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:45 PM

I dont think it is important whether the BP worked with their methods, more so that he was not injured with the methods they use.....

#203 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:06 PM

just out of intrest did the bp work?? pretty green flames?

View Post

I used this formula before i had my ball mill and it produced good results but it can in no way be compared with 75:15:10 Bp.

Anyway A/C not good for you so it's best to avoid it

#204 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:02 PM

I just cant seem to keep that airfloat out of my nose! :unsure:  Doesnt the

View Post

Im guilty of that, but i wear a mask to prevent most of it getting into my lungs ;), but then it all ends up round my face :lol:
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#205 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

I have merged the sulphur in flash powder topic with this thread to make one long discussion concerning flash powders. I have also pinned this topic so it remains in view at all times.

Cheers.

#206 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:09 PM

Safety glasses is another must. Some type of shock resistant type with UV protection if working with the more sensitive and powerful Mg flashes, which should not be tampered with until years upon years of building up safety habbits.

Read Lloyd Sponenburgh's book on ball milling and about his accident with Mg. It was a small sized batch of Mg and Cab-o-sil just mixing. I believe only 100g. He could have been blinded if his regular glasses did not have the UV protection.

Guys when working with this stuff you have to think of every possible little thing that can go wrong and then ways to prevent that one thing from going wrong.

#207 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:06 AM

I agree

Mg flash is some fierce stuff, i remember when i lit a 1 gram pile of 50/50 Mg flash

This stuff will blind you
Now i have 95grams of Mg powder sitting on the shelf, and don't know what to do with it

#208 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:18 AM

hi i made some 2/1 perc al powder flash and it burns like well a firework i thought it goes up in a flash however when making it all i did was mix it together do you add water or something to make it go up in a flash?

#209 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:52 AM

What kind of Aluminium did you use?

BTW Oppenheimer quoted the Hindu epic poem "Bhagavad Gita":

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"

#210 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 08:57 AM

Interesting. Your thread dissapered.
[/QUOTE]i made some bp 75/15/10 mix using willow charcoal but it burns slow about 3cm a second when making i mixed the chemicals together and thats all i did do you really need to ball mill it to make it burn faster? and what else do you need to do?
p.s all the chems were powderd very fine also when burnet it left little blobs of white as well as the black spots what are those blops of white?[/QUOTE]

this was my answer:
[/QUOTE]You know there is a thread for discussion of black powder. Also, I remember someone has asked that exact question about the "white blobs". I am sorry but some people won't be too happy with you, If you know what I mean ;)[/QUOTE]
[quote]it burns slow about 3cm a second[/quote]
What do you mean, did you make a trail and light it?

Ps. for good bp you need a ball mill. Even the cia method needs a ball mill to get the charcoal fine enough.

Pss. I have a feeling this thread is going to have a short life. Very short.[QUOTE]
Told you it would have a short life! :lol:
But realy, if you have not mastered Bp DONT MAKE FLASH. SLOW DOWN I mean this is in the nicest posible way and am trying to save you. Both from dangerous comps and other forum users. :angry: :)
Now i feel like a teacher! :D

Edited by seymour, 31 March 2005 - 09:30 AM.

The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users