Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:58 PM

Let's wait and see.

#17 Nitrate lightning

Nitrate lightning

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

I brought 500g Al powder off kno3 man on Ebay. It cost ?10 for 500g (i used to find it on ebay for ?4! from a different seller!). Postage was a rip off at ?5 but overall the product wasnt bad. It was extremely pure and fine and well pacackged. The guy responded quickly and helpfully to emails.

#18 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

How do you know that it was pure? I'm not saying that it was not, it was most likely the same stuff you can get from fibreglass suppliers for the fraction of the price.

Safe meaning that he won't rip me off

Uhh, have you seen his prices, they are a rip off as they are regardless if he sends or not. I know you probably mean if he sends or not but it is quite apparent that he isnt reliable, lots of people have had problems with him.

Some people know how I feel about this sort of person. They use other people who are too lazy to find stuff and make massive profits from it and sooner or later, someone is going to have an accident and pyrotechnics will have even more bad publicity. Whats just as bad is some people say that he is a rip off and complain yet order from him on the grounds 'I have no choice'. You do have a choice!

It makes me sad to see that this hobby is giving rip off merchants like this a business :(

Edited by Stuart, 01 November 2004 - 04:54 PM.

#19 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:57 PM

Well
i'm not gonna buy from him since he's got such bad reputation.

Only that PIC fuse is so tempting.
Chemichals....BAH i dont need him.
I got tons of other supliers here.

LP

#20 ChesterPFX

ChesterPFX

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:15 PM

There are plenty of reputable suppliers of smaller quantities of fusing / ignition materials here in the UK, however I know none will sell or ship outside the UK, let alone the EU.

If you want a few names for UK mainland, PM me.

#21 pritch

pritch

rocket man

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:26 PM

I ordered some aluminium powder and potassium chlorate from kno3.com and it came within 4 days. A friend of mine ordered some perchlorate from there and he also got it promptly.

#22 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:44 PM

Potasium Perc bit on the steep side for 500g, you need to learn to look around... look hard enough and you will find most things.. even those that appear hard to get.
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#23 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:35 PM

Easy for you to say.

There are so many companies in US that sell visco and time fuse.
So what would you do if NOBODY WOULD SELL YOU TIME FUSE!

LP

Didnt say I was against him as a source for you guys to get some fuse. Rather I dont like kno3.com selling Hg freely over the internet or any other company. Being a pyrotechnic company having to do with supplying hard to get chems and materials to the hobbyist I dont see the need for mercury in pyrotechnics or any compound containing it since most comps which have Hg in it are not in use anymore for obvious reasons.

Edited by italteen3, 01 November 2004 - 09:36 PM.

#24 boris_73

boris_73

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:57 PM

Didnt say I was against him as a source for you guys to get some fuse.  Rather I dont like kno3.com selling Hg freely over the internet or any other company.  Being a pyrotechnic company having to do with supplying hard to get chems and materials to the hobbyist I dont see the need for mercury in pyrotechnics or any compound containing it since most comps which have Hg in it are not in use anymore for obvious reasons.

i dont really want to defend the person from www.kno3.com but he could be selling the mercury for element collectors

#25 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

i dont really want to defend the person from www.kno3.com but he could be selling the mercury for element collectors

And the Red Phosphorus?

#26 boris_73

boris_73

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:27 PM

:D for a nice profit ok i dont know why he would be selling that

#27 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:26 PM

For element collectors like with the Mercury. There are a few chemicals I dont know why he is selling like the dinitrophenyl hydrazine and amylase, never seen a use for them in pyrotechnics or explosives.

#28 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:43 AM

Just a question abour PIC fuse.
What's the Diameter of the PIC fuse.

I need to know if i can use it instead of Time fuse or Visco.

Take care
LP

#29 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:49 AM

I dont know exactly but when I have used it, it was about 2mm or 3mm thick, quite thin.

#30 ChesterPFX

ChesterPFX

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:47 PM

As Stuart stated, it's about 2 or 3mm dia and slow PIC has a rated burn time of (if I remember correctly!!) 0.8 seconds an inch. As far as I know, ICI don't make fast PIC any more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users