#1 aapua

aapua

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:28 PM

Hi there,
a question this time.
I know there are many companies in UK that sell colored sparklers. Would someone please describe them a little bit? What is interesting to me, is how good is the color (I know there are red, green and blue sparklers)?

Thank you

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:40 PM

The colour is okay, but not good. Coloured sparklers are nothing special. The colour only appears in the small area of flame that is visible on the sparkler itself as it burns, the sparks themselves are not coloured. The fumes can be a bit much (well for me anyway). Coloured sparklers suffer from the phenomenon that most coloured flames do, they are better viewed at a distance that at close proximity.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

I've never seen any commercial blue sparklers, but I've seen good red ones - not a deep, Strontium Nitrate red, but reasonably vivid. I can remember the green ones being a little pale and washed out, very similar to theatrical green flash.

#4 aapua

aapua

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

The colour is okay, but not good. Coloured sparklers are nothing special. The colour only appears in the small area of flame that is visible on the sparkler itself as it burns, the sparks themselves are not coloured.  The fumes can be a bit much (well for me anyway). Coloured sparklers suffer from the phenomenon that most coloured flames do, they are better viewed at a distance that at close proximity.

View Post

Thanks. I'm working with the thing. Sparks of Fe give so high yellow spectrum that it hides almost all the color. That's why it is interesting to know, how good are the other ones.

#5 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:14 PM

Thanks. I'm working with the thing. Sparks of Fe give so high yellow spectrum that it hides almost all the color. That's why it is interesting to know, how good are the other ones.

View Post

There is a very large post with many forumlas - good place to start anyway. Search the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users