• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#1216 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:23 AM

Its not just you, I can't download the videos ether.

#1217 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

Only seems to work with UK based providers

Use a UK proxy
http://www.superproxy.co.uk/

#1218 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

Nice videos you got there! Especially the first lift charge batch just rocks! Damn fast stuff. I like the red shell as well, nice and deep colours with nearly no white in them!

The lift and break sounds so damn powerful, I wish I built these shells hehe. Symmetry is great as well. What can i say, just pasting a 5" shell myself atm. I´ll let you know when I fire it!

Keep the great videos coming and next time shoot your shells when there´s no sodium vapor lamp at your firing site :P

And now Ladies and Gentlemen. Let´s collect our favourite saying of sasmans girlfriend!

I like the "Uuuh. Jesus CHRIST!" most :P

Edited by paul, 04 July 2007 - 11:14 PM.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#1219 ultrabuf

ultrabuf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

I lit off my first working shell last night. I was kinda suprised it worked since I just kinda threw it together rather quickly, but it worked. I was so proud.

#1220 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

Just finished making 100 Beraq cases, thought I would show you them.

Can only share a few details, as they are getting to be secret because I have changed quite few details now. They are for noise number 1, called 1H.
They are 1/2" and are rolled by hand with pva/water paste, im using a new delay and another method of closing and making them after this stage. I will make around 1,000 to stock up. Also pictured is filled and spiked one of the same size.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00090.JPG
  • DSC00095.JPG

Edited by karlfoxman, 05 July 2007 - 11:31 PM.

#1221 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

Those are dead neat Karl - I admire your patience doing all that spiking!. What do you use to close the ends up?
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#1222 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:30 PM

Those are dead neat Karl - I admire your patience doing all that spiking!. What do you use to close the ends up?

Yes, very nice indeed - almost like Saettines in some ways. Are they still side-fused?

#1223 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:31 PM

I bought my Strontium Carbonate from

http://www.scarvapot...ection=PRODUCTS

They dont have online ordering but they were very helpful and also didnt lecture me on its uses, they are also pretty cheap both for the chemicals and shipping

Did you try their barium carbonate? if so, was it any good?
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#1224 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:22 PM

Pyrotrev: Its actually fairly easy to spike them, the beraq is filled through the open end. Then the paper is folded into the tube to stop it spilling. Then you roll another 2 turns of thin pasted kraft, this then is pushed into the end you just closed. This creates the fire seal just like the other end was done. Then add a disk to both ends and spike. After fully dry the hole is made for the delay.

Brightstar: Yes side fused the normal way, the one in the picture is still wet so it has not hole and so no delay and prime. They are fairly similar construction, but obviously the effect is to have different for noise each ring, Ill be making some 2H after these (Noise 2) these will be 3/4" and have longer delay. Its hard to make them perfect but I have be taught alot while I was in Malta. Samuel came to my hotel room and we made some beraq!!! :rolleyes:

Because of the secrecy of the things I was taught I cant post the finer details like paper sizes,weight and turns and the delay composition. But I may post one of my earlier ones in alot of detail.

Edited by karlfoxman, 06 July 2007 - 01:25 PM.

#1225 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Did you try their barium carbonate? if so, was it any good?

I did order Barium carbonate from them but i havnt had the chance to try it yet, ill let you know the outcome

#1226 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Two more 3" shells fired. The break was better this time. For the 1st Shell I used Win33 stars but used the wrong grade aluminium coz I've got no 12 micron. I burst this with 40g 4FA equiv and fibreglass taped it.

The second shell was improved snowball stars. Again I only have one type of aluminium so I guess the effect was not as it should have been, infact very similar to the win33 only not as glittery. This shell was burst with 20g 3FA equiv fibrelassed taped also. I think both shells were a bit under lifted this time although I used the usual 25g it was from a new batch and I think I've somehow managed to get my willow mixed up with pine! so I guess this was pine lift.

I recon that is about as good as it gets with BP in a 3" incher unless I try one pasting the shell instead. I dont think there is enough clearence between the shell and mortar to make enough layers to be effective though so whistle booster here I come!

Anyone know of a potassium benzoate supplier? I can get the sodium but would prefer to use something less hydroscopic. I only want 100g ish Also while on the subject I've run out of barium nitrate if anyone wants to make a few quid and sell me some ?? :D

#1227 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

eh

Edited by sasman, 22 July 2007 - 09:37 PM.

#1228 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

Nice shells maxman :) ...The last shell looked like it had a much bigger break..Not made any glitter so far but its on my todo list..The glitter looks yellow/gold is that correct?. or is the camera adding colour?..lets see how they look when you add some whistle boost!! :ph34r:

I have just made 3 x 4" & 1 x 6" plastic shell's..Managed to glue them together a bit better..I have not put as much flash in these shells...so the break should be smaller.I had problems with the 6" shell when i came to assemble the damn thing i didnt push the 2 halves together fast enough and a few stars fell out & spilled out some rice hulls :o ..I am using the same Red formula as before.. but i rolled on some streamer comp onto the red cores..didnt know how much silver streamer comp to add to the red cores but made an educated guess..if the stars are crap will just roll some more streamer comp onto them...

Also found some 2 year old emerald green stars that i rollled ages ago.. i rolled some red comp over them .. i did not use a colour relay layer..just letting the glue dry and will try to fire them tommorow :D ...

Sasman, They were silver/white stars. I didnt see any gold or yelow in there. Both formulas are quite similar and contain barium nitrate.

I really must try these tapa shells the quick way and load through the top. I suppose that making them that way will also eliminate the pain of closing the two halfs as well.

I've also made a batch of emerald greens so hopefully will try these soon. Sasman do your emerald greens have bits of orange sparks coming from them when burned on the ground? like a bit of excess charcoal buning. I made a few grams one day and then a larger batch a few days later and both burn the same. At least they've dried harder than my disaterous ruby reds.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work sasman.

#1229 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

Sasman, if you find your loosing loads of stuff from the shells try this way. I used to do it when I had trouble. Get the hemi and place a sheet of news paper over it. This way you can easily invert the hemi with nothing falling out, the news paper gets pushed around the sides so you can hold the hemi coated in news paper. Then put the shells together, leave a gap and tear the paper around the hemi. A sheet of news paper wont make any difference to the break, it will burn straight through it with ease.

I have now made some of the 2H beraq, so hoping to make some shells with them. Should have 2 seperate rings the second being louder deeper reports.

#1230 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:52 PM

eh

Edited by sasman, 22 July 2007 - 09:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users