Bright Star Fireworks Reviews and Opinions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:08 AM

Bright Star Golden Jubilee Cake

:) This firework is very nice if a bit noisy;25 golden glittering tails rise upward and bang to lovely trailing golden bursts and was introduced for the Golden Jubilee in 2002 hence the name, three years on and it still remains a good firework (long after other manufacturers have withdrawn their celebratory fireworks for this), ?8.99 is the price for this nice piece of work. Again I personally wouldn't stake it and never stake cakes;a flat level surface should be all you need for it. :wub: ^_^ :rolleyes: :closedeyes:

Edited by BigG, 15 September 2005 - 08:31 AM.

#2 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:50 AM

Bright Star Metallic Morpheous Rocket Pack

:) This pack has 2 3in shellburst metallic finished whoppa like rockets for ?30 and one of them goes up and bursts with white and 5 multiburst comets to white and the other does similar things in multiburst red. They are expensive for 2 but the quality of the effects makes up for it. I love them! ^_^

Edited by BigG, 15 September 2005 - 08:34 AM.

#3 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:15 PM

Bright Star Big Bahooma Mines

:) These are good value if a little expensive for ?7.99 each;one starts off with a coloured fountain and ejects electric blue stars and one or two reports while the other emits a gold fountain then ejects brilliant white crackles into the air. If set off together they make a nice noisy start to any display or can be combined with a line of fountains set off together and the mines behind for a spectacle of noise and prettiness. :wub:

Edited by BigG, 15 September 2005 - 08:32 AM.

#4 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:50 PM

Bright Star Medusa's Venom (Cat3,25m,?69.99)

This cracker of a screamer cake ejects 80 screaming silver triple effect whistles in increments of 10 whistles at a time;they scream high/medium/low and rise with the screaming up, then again, then again! good value and worth having 5/5 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Anthony, 26 September 2005 - 01:51 PM.

#5 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:25 AM

Bright Star Twister Wheel (Cat3,25m,?19.99)

This HUGE wheel lasts 30-40secs revolving at 3,000RPM with a very colourful display, and although expensive, is worth every penny;not one for the small garden so use at 25m away. It's a decent buy and I would recommend it for anybody after a nice wheel finale for their display provided they have the space. 4/5 :D

#6 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:16 PM

Bright Star Twister Wheel (Cat3,25m,?19.99)

This HUGE wheel lasts 30-40secs revolving at 3,000RPM with a very colourful display, and although expensive, is worth every penny;not one for the small garden so use at 25m away. It's a decent buy and I would recommend it for anybody after a nice wheel finale for their display provided they have the space. 4/5 :D

Just a question Anthony, how do yuo manage to 'review' all these fireowrks? Do you buy lots of fireworks and write down your findings? You must have alot of cash :D Have you ever made your own devices?

#7 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

:) I buy these fireworks, let them off and observe what they do effects wise and video, then watch the clips again on DVD, just to be certain in my mind, and write my initial findings and impressions of them, does that satisfy your answer? And NO I have never made my own devices by the way. I tend to buy the fireworks from wholesalers hence the availability of the products all year round, some wholesalers ARE open to the public as well as trade and a few sell fireworks all year round too. I get them cheaper than shop price at trade+vat which is most wholesalers charge anyway enabling me to get lots for less dosh. :) :D

Edited by Anthony, 27 September 2005 - 01:22 PM.

#8 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

:D Bright Star Tri-Colour Wheel Pack (Cat3,25m,?2.99)
These wheels are small, noisy AND colourful for the price;
Loud whistling, then red and sparks,
Loud whistling, then green and sparks,
Loud whistling and vigorous sparks to the very end!

Wee bit small at 25m, bit a larger garden will suit them. Not a bad performance at all and if you are on a budget and need something colourful AND noisy in wheel effects, then it's a good choice. 4/5 :)

#9 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:03 PM

:) Bright Star Wrath Of The Gods ?29.99 Cat3 25m

This rectangular shape cake is excellent! Starting off with beautiful red and green bursts it goes to silver palm tree bursts then changing to red and green stars NO reports then crackle bursts then red star mines ending with green star mines topped with loud salutes to finish. BIT noisy, so if you use this out of season please tell your neighbours FIRST! apart from that it is a good firework for the money. 5/5 :D

#10 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

:) I buy these fireworks, let them off and observe what they do effects wise and video, then watch the clips again on DVD, just to be certain in my mind, and write my initial findings and impressions of them, does that satisfy your answer? And NO I have never made my own devices by the way. I tend to buy the fireworks from wholesalers hence the availability of the products all year round, some wholesalers ARE open to the public as well as trade and a few sell fireworks all year round too. I get them cheaper than shop price at trade+vat which is most wholesalers charge anyway enabling me to get lots for less dosh. :) :D

You record all the devices you purchase with a camcorder?!? Would anyone else be interested in seeing some of the videos? I live in the US so the only way for me to see British fireworks is video or going over there. Video is just a bit easier. :D

If you can could you PM me with info on how I could see some of the videos you have taken?

#11 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:14 PM

Check out www.fireworkemporium.co.uk its an amazing firework supplier near to me!

They have videos of most fireworks on their website. I can see myself buying their single ignition pack called 'Optimum' It is breathtaking for jus ?70. Link ... https://www.firework...ge=video&id=309
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#12 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

Their catalogue is good too, order one! they've got their whole range in it including all their deals.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#13 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:09 PM

yes Anthony come on - get some of your review videos uploaded matey - would love to see them...

#14 blueflame

blueflame

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:32 PM

once bought a large box of bright star fireworks for about 75 quid from a wholesaler about 10 years ago and found them pretty bland, most of the mines had exactly the same effect of shooting gold sparks ! with very little colour,the only difference i could see was wrapping each firework came in. i hope things have changed for the better,trouble is it left a lasting impression on me about bright star fireworks and i simply avoid them now.i expect the company have improved or else they would have ceased to exist.

#15 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

Anthony, it would be great to see some of your findings published in video format. You could start a whole new Anthony's 'most wanted' section, where all the pyro is rated 1-10 :D
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users