Photo

Where could i train as a pyrotechinician?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seventh

Seventh

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 11:18 AM

it's a field i'd like to get into and something I would enjoy to do as a career, im not sure what it is, fascination with fire or explosions...i just think its like...an art form. heh anyway...where should i go... being a teenager i don't think i would be looked on too kindly if i started making them as i would probably be seen as a holligan etc... so i'd like to do it through a company or something similar. any information would be brilliant

#2 crackerboy

crackerboy

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 12:46 AM

Are we talking the real thing? Like the real big stuff at city displays? I see no one made a reply to Seventh. At least he is trying to go about it in a legal way.
I have an old friend that was getting into this a couple of years ago but I have not seen or heard from him. I think he must travel all over. I think I will give him a call.
If anyone can get me headed in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.:)

#3 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:25 AM

u want to become a pro at pyro....where shall i start.first u have got to be 18(by law) then u have to pester as many companys as you can.if a company says yes they will normaly ask u to a gig and work for free.this is because they want to see if u are any good.but let me just say that the world of pyro is very small and difficult to get into.i dont want to sound like im putting you off but would you work in next to freezing temp pouring rain and mud up to your balls?if the answer is yes then your half way.once you are in a whole new world opens up in the size of pyro you will be useing.all the best good luck.

#4 crackerboy

crackerboy

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:45 AM

Thankyou for the information. I will call around and see if any one is willing to take on any new help. Sounds like work! I'll try anything once.

#5 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 01:38 PM

he he it is very hard work but the rewards can be fantastic.when u have got a half a ton of pyro at your disposal and only ten mins to fire it in you will know what i mean.in one show i did we set off 430 shells rangeing from 2inch to 12inch in 30 seconds...........what a show. it takes a lot of man hours to do it but what a buzz.

#6 crackerboy

crackerboy

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 02:47 AM

I was able to track down my old friend. Turns out he runs a display company.The 4th of July is a really busy time and he said he can use all the strong backs he can find.Going to make a run up to see him this weekend to lend a hand with some carpentry work.He said we could fool around a bit to see if I had it in my blood.I think I do.
He also mentioned a club here in FL that might interest me.flag or plag?I'll know more this weekend.Thanks again for the encouraging words.My wife thinks I'm crazy.:bounce:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users