member's Nov5th happenings

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:16 AM

:) What are you members up to for Bonfire Weekend in November? I've got 3 displays to do;one at a pub bonfire on 4th November,one at a hotel bonfire on 5th November, and a private party on the 6th November with fountains/mines/roman candles/roman cakes/roman barrages/shells/rockets/wheels and setpieces from the ever brilliant but NEVER rubbish Vulcan range of fireworks! It'll be a fantasic weekend;I'am praying for dry weather as I write this!!!!!!!!!! Let's hear it! :D :D :D

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:16 PM

I have a friend who is in the habit of hosting a respectable party at bonfire night, with her dad doing a cat. 2 & 3 show, so I'll probably go to that, and my sailing club bonfire if I can fit it in as well. May well have a look at the big Guy Fawkes anniversary thing in York, too - again, if it doesn't clash with too much else.

Edited by Phoenix, 16 October 2005 - 05:43 PM.

#3 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

i gotta make the odd 500 lances, match them up, make fountains, cut wood for bonfire, make a few nap style fireballs, and other items.
not to mention, fix my firing box, e-matches....

busy tatties hols for me.

#4 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

I am sure I will be waving a few sparklers for a little croud of people :P

ANTHONY - I've got 3 displays to do;one at a pub bonfire on 4th November,one at a hotel bonfire on 5th November, and a private party on the 6th November with fountains/mines/roman candles/roman cakes/roman barrages/shells/rockets/wheels and setpieces from the ever brilliant but NEVER rubbish Vulcan range of fireworks

Just curious Anthony, you were having a go about the price of shop goods in another part of the forum, but here you are talking mines, shells etc. which are Cat 4 and not for sale to the public (unless you have contacts) also you have 3 public displays.. who is covering the PL insurance ?

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 29 September 2005 - 07:51 PM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#5 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:24 AM

I am sure I will be waving a few sparklers for a little croud of people :P
Just curious Anthony, you were having a go about the price of shop goods in another part of the forum, but here you are talking mines, shells etc. which are Cat 4 and not for sale to the public (unless you have contacts) also you have 3 public displays.. who is covering the PL insurance ?

Mark

Actually, my friend who runs a little one man firework display company operation of his own is helping fire the Cat4 with me and his PL insurance will cover us both. Thanks for having a go at me mate much appreciated I'am most upset. :( :( :(

Edited by Anthony, 30 September 2005 - 10:34 AM.

#6 ChesterPFX

ChesterPFX

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:58 PM

Surely you mean you will be helping him fire the cat 4. You, of course, can't buy cat 4.

#7 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

Im doing a large sized display this year, only for family, friends and neighbours. Only commercially available fireworks though, as I dont have the contacts I would like ;-) I will be paying the Firework Emporium a visit! Can anyone suggest a DIY pack from FE that has the most bangs? Around the �100-�300 range?
Thanks,
Karl

#8 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

Surely you mean you will be helping him fire the cat 4. You, of course, can't buy cat 4.

Yes that is what I meant.

#9 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:10 PM

Whoaaa! Break it up ladies!

I think I shall have a few fountains, maybe some maroons, and got some Napthalene! :D . Maybe attempting something synchronised to music :)

What big displays are happening on the 5th?

#10 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Plenty of big shows around the country... watch the forums calendar as well as fireworks magazines web site for shows around the UK... and abroad.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#11 BaC 80

BaC 80

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

Hi all New here

Just looking at the forums and there a wealth of info here I'm ready to glean off you all.

As for Nov 5th I am looking at Rocket Pack from http://www.jonathans.../erol/erol.html (?100)with my friend who is going to buy some mines and a couple of single ignition's at his house in Northwich

If anyone has any suggestions for better fireworks for reasonable prices let me know.

Main aim here is to get the know in how to make the perfect Rocket (for me) not this year obviously, and learn some of the fine art of Pyrotechnics with out blowing my self up!

Updated web address I spelt it wrong from memory DoH!

:D

Edited by BaC 80, 07 October 2005 - 10:54 AM.

#12 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:09 PM

I think I can help you BaC 80! Check your PM.

#13 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

Hi all New here

Just looking at the forums and there a wealth of info here I'm ready to glean off you all.

As for Nov 5th I am looking at Rocket Pack from www.johnathonsfireworks.co.uk (?100)with my friend who is going to buy some mines and a couple of single ignition's at his house in Northwich

If anyone has any suggestions for better fireworks for reasonable prices let me know.

Main aim here is to get the know in how to make the perfect Rocket (for me) not this year obviously, and learn some of the fine art of Pyrotechnics with out blowing my self up!

:D

A good selection box for ?100 is the Bright Star Imperial, it has 50 good mixed Cat2/3 fireworks including rockets/mines/roman 18-shot cakes and 3 spikes to secure/fountains/a good sized roman candle fountain bouquet on a stake/wheels/roman candles single shot and multishot/and a FANTASTIC noisy spectacular 56-Shot Flashing Thunder barrage which makes a brilliant ending to this package! Has an instruction leaflet on how to use them and set them off safely. :)

#14 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:48 PM

Actually, my friend who runs a little one man firework display company operation of his own is helping fire the Cat4 with me and his PL insurance will cover us both. Thanks for having a go at me mate much appreciated I'am most upset. :( :( :(

Anthony, I don't think anybody is 'having a go'... It was just a question out of curiosity.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#15 BaC 80

BaC 80

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

A good selection box for ?100 is the Bright Star Imperial, it has 50 good mixed Cat2/3 fireworks including rockets/mines/roman 18-shot cakes and 3 spikes to secure/fountains/a good sized roman candle fountain bouquet on a stake/wheels/roman candles single shot and multishot/and a FANTASTIC noisy spectacular 56-Shot Flashing Thunder barrage which makes a brilliant ending to this package! Has an instruction leaflet on how to use them and set them off safely. :)

Sounds Good but I'm on Rocket Duty and My Friend is covering the Ground Attacks

But thanks for the info I will look for that.

PS where can you buy Vulcan Fireworks from Mail Order?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users