member's Nov5th happenings

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

Sounds Good but I'm on Rocket Duty and My Friend is covering the Ground Attacks

But thanks for the info I will look for that.

PS where can you buy Vulcan Fireworks from Mail Order?

Try Sandling Fireworks www.sandlingfireworks.com and www.galaxyfireworks.co.uk
PS they also have maverick and shogun fireworks which are made by the same company! :D :D :D :) :) :)

#17 BaC 80

BaC 80

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:47 AM

Try Sandling Fireworks www.sandlingfireworks.com and www.galaxyfireworks.co.uk
PS they also have maverick and shogun fireworks which are made by the same company! :D :D :D :) :) :)

Thanks had a good look

But decided in the end to go to the http://www.chinesefi...co.uk/home.html actually went to the shop

Bought My self the Pluto Rocket Pack and a Super Titainium rocket from Standard under advice from the shop owner

I am off to my mothers who conviently has a large field at the back of her house and every year she invites lots of people makes big pots of curry and chilli and Spag Bol.

Every one is asked to bring some fireworks and last year we let off over 100 rockets and 20 single ignitions as well as lots of smaller cakes and 4 mines and it took me over 2 hrs to do it all.

My friend who is coming this year has bought a selection of cakes with hoim so we could be a fair old while. At present there is no real structure to the display I just go light them in sequence.

So hopefully by Next year I can sort this out so we have a better display with timings and less Zero firework time. :D

Also I have been looking at various courses for bit basic display and Cat 4 but they all seem to be for 2004 any idea's on where to get the know now?

hope we all have fun light up the sky in a safe & great way

#18 tdpyro

tdpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:35 PM

Is anyone going to be at the roundtable fireworks display at the Ferry Meadows in Peterborough?
If you make it idiot proof, then they will just make a better idiot.

#19 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

Well this year I did 2 displays, the public display in Livingston, on the 4th, great day for rigging, cold, dry, 7 people to help out! On the 5th I did the Elgin puiblic display, spoiled by a short but heavy shower midday, just to test the water proofing onthe cakes! grrrrr!!

Then, on the 19th, I had my own display -

http://www.elitewebd...o/Fireworks.rar

has a few pictures to set the scene, rigging, fusing, what I had etc. The show was 10 minutes long, mix of cat 3 and 4.

8x Large Candles various fans
16 cakes
1 4ft Post Wobbler (aka Wheel - curse the bloody thing)
42 odd shells ranging from 65mm to 125mm
75 Cat3 rockets

Show budget just over ?1000

Videos will follow shortly once I have seen them, have to make sure im not embarrassing myself too much in them :P
"There are always alternatives. "
"If your Aunty had balls.... She'd be your Uncle!"

#20 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:41 PM

i had a friend who saw the elgin display, said it was good.

#21 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

nice :) was one of the biggest displays I have done :) big is budget anyway, I dodnt see too much of it, only finale racks, which I was running away from at the time... :)

#22 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:05 PM

nice :) was one of the biggest displays I have done :) big is budget anyway, I dodnt see too much of it, only finale racks, which I was running away from at the time... :)

how much was it out of interest?

#23 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

I think in the region of ?4500 cant find the show plan atm, there was a hell of a lot of stuff!

#24 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:14 PM

which company do work work for/with?

#25 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:18 PM

I work with Skyburst the Fireworks Company, formly known as the TFC (The Fireworks Company) also hoping to be firing for Midnight Storm and Fireworks Scotland and another company based in Newcastle I that reguarly doest displays at Gleneagles! :D

#26 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

I dodnt see too much of it, only finale racks, which I was running away from at the time.

I suffer from quite the opposite reaction... I tend to take a couple steps back and then I get "target fixation" and by the time i have come to my senses again I suddenly remember to look up and enjoy what is probably the only part of the show I really see.. the finale bursting :)

Hand fired shows tend to be far and few between so it is still a novelty to run around with a portfire.

tdpyro.. did you go to ferry medows ? and if so was it any good this year? heard last year that the fog closed in on the site and the smoke hense you couldnt see anything.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#27 Loci

Loci

Time Lord

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

I hate the fog, worst, I hate still ngihts when the smoke just sits there! Grrrr. Anyone had there portfires flash over? I had a bunch of 12 in one had with show plan whilst lighting a fan of candles, sparks from something else flew onto the unlit ones and well, I had an Uber portfire :P Must have really confused anyone watching me as to what I was doing when I threw them all away :P

I wanted a bit more that a few steps inbetween the five 150mm five 125mm twelve 75mm and god knows how many 65mm all going up at once :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users