#16 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:56 PM

Get a parent to purchase for you.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#17 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:09 PM

It's not a shame, I'm afraid it's called common sense!

#18 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:15 PM

Inoxia would be in breach of EU law if they did not at least attempt to ensure the safety of the users by talking to each and every customer. Asking for a declaration and proof of age is part of Inoxia?s duty of care policy. The age restriction is only for hazardous chemicals anyway.

It gets on my nerves when some companies, cough cough, do not even use correct labels when selling to the public. These people that do not conform to existing legislation usually get even more restrictions put in place because of their actions; making it harder for everyone to enjoy their hobbies. Inoxia needs to be this to remind customers that they are accountable for their actions, or the people they purchase for, also, they need to displace legal responsibility, common practice for just about any company.

As sizzle said, Inoxia is happy for a parent or guardian or responsible adult to purchase for minors.

#19 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

Anybody heard anything from our friend from Norway?
Sent him a couple of emails about a month ago, the first ones he answered but since then no replies?
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#20 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

Same here actually, I've had no replies recently. I hope he comes back online, he has some good stuff at low prices.

#21 mnementh

mnementh

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:11 PM

Hi guys,
sorry to butt into your thread but as it's about "shopping", can I ask a question?

I may have found a source of seriously cheap KNO3 but postage might cloud the issue.

If anyone has bought a 25 kilo package of KNO3 from GardenDirect, how much postage did they charge (their website only says that ?3.50 is "usual" postage charge but I can't see it for 25Kg)

My source will supply 25Kg for just over ?30, all in and believe me, a fair proportion of that is postage.

They also do Calcium Nitrate and Ammonium Nitrate, both for MUCH less than GD

Sandy

Edited by mnementh, 29 November 2005 - 08:13 PM.

#22 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:40 PM

Hi guys,
sorry to butt into your thread but as it's about "shopping", can I ask a question?

I may have found a source of seriously cheap KNO3 but postage might cloud the issue.

If anyone has bought a 25 kilo package of KNO3 from GardenDirect, how much postage did they charge (their website only says that ?3.50 is "usual" postage charge but I can't see it for 25Kg)

My source will supply 25Kg for just over ?30, all in and believe me, a fair proportion of that is postage.

They also do Calcium Nitrate and Ammonium Nitrate, both for MUCH less than GD

Sandy

it's the same postage for a 50g bird feeder and 25kg kno3.
wierd, but great.

#23 mnementh

mnementh

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

Hi Fishy1
It looks like GD stick a lot of the postage on the price of the nitrate and make it appear as if a bargain is being had, when it isn't.

I wouldn't have thought fertilizer grade nitrate would be that expensive, anyway.

On another subject, anyone out there know where to get Sorbitol at reasonable price. Seems to be very scarce here, considering it's in almost anything you can buy that says "cool" and "minty".

Chewing gums all have it, even new "minty" Listerine has it but just try buying some.

The best I've found, so far, is ?5 a pound. You can get it for $2.5/Lb but as usual, the postage cost makes it uneconomical.

Sandy

#24 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:23 AM

Anybody heard anything from our friend from Norway?
Sent him a couple of emails about a month ago, the first ones he answered but since then no replies?

same here according to his profile he was on on the 27th but didn't reply to my pm
Got some chemicals to sell?
i might buy them just PM me

#25 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

Yes I to hope he will start selling products in the future, he sent me a product list and most things are cheaper then american supliers.

Potassium Perchlorate 1 kg $ 5.00
Dark Aluminium 5413-H 1 kg $ 13.00

And mind you those are dollar prices.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#26 Ritual33

Ritual33

Mooooo!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 09:43 PM

my my, thats some nice prices, if somebody gets hold of him, post here so we know he's still around.

Drew
In Development...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Drew's World - http://drews-world.co.uk
Pyro World - http://pyro-world.co.uk
----------------------------------------------

#27 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

those are nice prices i hope he comes back soon shame his email address isnt valid otherwise i would email him and if he doesn't come back online i hope he gives us his internet store url which he mentiond earlier on in the topic.
Got some chemicals to sell?
i might buy them just PM me

#28 Hallgeir

Hallgeir

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

Hello
I found his Email address in some company information sites.

it is: ingv-bjo@online.no

Hallgeir

#29 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

I'll e-mail him now and see if I get a reply. I sure want to get my hands on the perc, seems interesting how he can charge such a low price, even if he does buy in bulk surely it would cost more than $5 per kg.

#30 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

I had contact with him a few weeks ago, if everything works out he should have a online shop the middle of this month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users