Aldi exclusive Weco Fireworks

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:53 AM

:) Had a Spider Ground Fireworks Pack (Cat2,5m,?4.99) and a Viper Family Power Assortment (Cat2/3,5m/25m,?14.99) and set it off last night;these are quite good, the rockets in Viper have a brilliant shellburst each(lives up to the description at last!), and some go a bit high for a 5m firework, Big Bertha shoots up to 25m height and still classed as a 5m firework! But they are quite fun and worth the money! :)

#2 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:19 AM

:) Had a Spider Ground Fireworks Pack (Cat2,5m,?4.99) and a Viper Family Power Assortment (Cat2/3,5m/25m,?14.99) and set it off last night;these are quite good, the rockets in Viper have a brilliant shellburst each(lives up to the description at last!), and some go a bit high for a 5m firework, Big Bertha shoots up to 25m height and still classed as a 5m firework! But they are quite fun and worth the money! :)

A pack of rockets "Viper Family Whatsit" can't be labelled as Cat2/3 ??

#3 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

A pack of rockets "Viper Family Whatsit" can't be labelled as Cat2/3 ??

It is a mixed variety pack of fountains/multishots and rockets.
The pack header is labelled;

Viper Family Power Assortment
GARDEN AND DISPLAY FIREWORK ASSORTMENT PACK
MUST BE SOLD AS PACKAGED
INSTRUCTIONS:see individual fireworks for instructions
WARNINGS:see individual fireworks for warnings
Imported by
Aldi Stores Limited
Atherstone CV9 1AB

Contents comply with British Standards 7114:part2:1988

The rockets in the pack are ALL Cat3 25m class and have
DISPLAY FIREWORK ROCKET WARNINGS:DO NOT HOLD
SPECTATORS MUST BE AT LEAST 25 METRES AWAY
INSTRUCTIONS:Launch from tube or racked angled slightly away from spectators buildings trees and other obstructions. Remove plastics fuse cover at base of rocket. Straighten fuse, light tip of free end at arm's length and retire immediately at least 5 metres. Ejects stars and bangs.

That last thing on the label, must have been a misprint(all the rockets have the 5m advice on the labels).

This range of fireworks is the first time Aldi has ever sold fireworks in the UK done exclusively by Weco Pyro Eitorf Deutschland. :rolleyes:

#4 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:26 PM

that packaging sounds ridiculous

how is a consumer supposed to know what safety distance to actually use, amazed that trading standards haven't picked up on it

Sigh

Stu

#5 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:30 PM

Anyone know if Aldi will be retailing their fireworks before christmas?

#6 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:57 PM

Do any fireworks manufacturers actually give instructions as to how to build a rocket rack, because I've never seen one!

#7 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

The instructions for the rockets in family packages as Aldi Lidl and so on distribute them in germany all state to put them with the sticks into a tube in the ground or in a big bottle with a bit water in it to secure it against toppling down.

But it?s always up to you to build one. If you are rally interested in it, you can build one. For families or so it is more fun to shoot them seperately :D

Just a thought,

paul

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#8 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:01 PM

I finished building my rack for my Christmas Eve display, it doesn't follow the conventional single-line design, intstead it can fire about 78 small rockets, bigger ones have a gap inbetween.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It isn't varnished yet but it's pretty sturdy and I've tested it with a few rockets.

Edited by sizzle, 26 November 2005 - 06:20 PM.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#9 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:58 PM

I finished building my rack for my Christmas Eve display, it doesn't follow the conventional single-line design, intstead it can fire about 78 small rockets, bigger ones have a gap inbetween.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It isn't varnished yet but it's pretty sturdy and I've tested it with a few rockets.

Sizzle, I couldn't see the images, just text that says "IPB Image"
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#10 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Sizzle, I couldn't see the images, just text that says "IPB Image"

Oh sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble with my URL re-direction service at the moment, you should be able to see the images within a few hours when the DNS is updated.

Edited by sizzle, 25 November 2005 - 07:09 PM.

#11 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

Pictures still wont load for me

Maybe upload them for free at imageshack.us ?

#12 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:18 PM

Ok, sorted, images should show now.

#13 Rene

Rene

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

Hi Sizzle

Are you fusing them together.

I'm afraid that the flame's from an other rocket will light the others if they are not protected.

Then maybe a tip try to make some strips on the botom plate from thin peaces of wood so the sticks from the rockets can't move.I mean from left to right and up down. like the line you draw on the upper plate.

now the can fall to each side the want.

sorry for my bad englisch.

#14 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

The rack has a second shelf underneath with holes drilled half-way into the wood at a vertical angle from the top shelf to ensure the rockets cannot move, with this they are perfectly vertical (except the ones at the end but they are at 80 degrees for effect purposes). I have tested the rack with 8 rockets lined up and the fire does not pass on to the other rockets. Thank you for the advice though.

#15 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:11 AM

Looks good mate :) are those all Asda bought rockets yeah? had some of those TNT Starburst ones myself, were a bit lame on their own, but if your firing that many off in rapid succession im sure it'll make for a decent effect!

I got a catalogue from TNT the other day, they only seem to sell packs of fireworks ?50-1000, none single rockets etc, but the StarBurst rockets are in packets with "Booster Jets" on the label, maybe a new name for them? the actual rockets inside the packets still have the Starburst name printed on them though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users