17 replies to this topic

#16 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Well I registered to Rotten Eggs.com, and someone made an egg (thread) about how to make easy flash powder, and there it was.

You call RottenEggs "studying" ? Sorry but that strikes me as both funny and dangerous. Something you should know about "alternative" pyro sites. If they include lots of 'dirty tricks, loud bangs, and kewl bomz' material, SKIP IT. There is so much inaccurate and down-right dangerous material on those it's not worth trying to sift for the nuggets of truth. Does anyone on here know how many fingers Kurt Saxon ( the original guru of improvised crap ) has left to shake hands with ? I am not sure, is he down to 7 or is it 6 ?

Buy Introductory Practical Pyrotechnics, or search the threads on this site, or get a copy of Lancasters Fireworks Principles and Practices as a Christmas gift if you can't afford it. It's way more expensive to end up like this :

Hand Injury
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#17 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:44 PM

It's way more expensive to end up like this :

Hand Injury

actually, it's not in the uk, we have the good old NHS(free hospitals).
but yeah, who wants to lose a hand, not me, that's why flash and stuff scares me so much.

i heard kurt saxon lost an arm when 1kg of AP he made detonated.

#18 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:07 AM

actually, it's not in the uk, we have the good old NHS(free hospitals).
but yeah, who wants to lose a hand, not me, that's why flash and stuff scares me so much.
i heard kurt saxon lost an arm when 1kg of AP he made detonated.

Did some googling, and the clearest I could find is that he lost the fingers of his left hand making Armstrong's Mix, from his own book "Poor Man's James Bond". Elsewhere he talks of being 'crippled in an accident' that left his left hand useless and himself nearly blind for 6 months.

The point is, for the new pyros, this stuff is *real* and you should carefully follow reputable methods and practices. Ok, off my pulpit... tonight I light off "Mongo"... my 9 shot 285 gram Roman Candle ( or Roman Cannon, or possibly Roman Multi Break Salute :D ) that's total weight, btw
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users