UN restrictions on fireworks-are they a step too far?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:25 PM

I can't be casting "nasturtians" on something that WAS there for all to see Athony......and editing your post afterwards doesn't alter the fact that you posted

anyway as happened over in The Netherlands :D

altering your smiley afterwards doesn't alter anything Anthony, and laughing at a tradgedy that killed so many is just sick.

Stuart

#17 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

Enough. I am getting fed up of this. Anthony you need to think very carefully about what you are posting.

#18 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:23 PM

Okay, one quick comment to add my 2p's worth..
The incident in the Netherlands was tragic but as was stated this was also due to a large and illegal (only to the extent that more was being held than it was registered to) storage area and it is sad that the UN and all other bodies concerned choose to nit pick at.. shall I loosly say shop goods such as rockets and such like and there classification. Purely a way of deflecting blame / attension and if the authoritys concerned had done regular visits and site checks this may have been averted. I have had regular inspections, both anounced and un anounced and I gladely welcome them.

Re-clasifying items will not help, because it will not stop this type of event happening again. The site was legaly allowed to store every type of item it had there... but not the quantity and stopping Joe Smoe public from using a rocket would not stop a storage area from over storing.

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 07 December 2005 - 08:25 PM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#19 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:31 PM

As possibly the only member of this group to visit the Enschede factory around three years before the explosion (admittedly it was then under different ownership), I can only say that I'm not surprised that it was so bad (assuming that the same storage methods were continued). ALL items that I witnessed were loosely laid on wooden slat shelves, i.e they were not contained in cartons or packaging of any description. This included 8oz gerbs and tapematch. The items name was written on the shelf in black felt pen. Furthermore, the storage was like a row of council garages with up and over doors, all connected in a row and this lot was in the courtyard of the offices in a residential area. I have never fully mentioned this on the internet before but I do feel that Anthony does have some validity to part of his argument.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users