• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 05:35 PM

Just noticed an advert for Lidl advertising fireworks which go on sale on the 27th.

Looks like its Astra stuff

Theres a big cake called "solar explorer" for ?29.99

Pack of 9 "black gemini" rockets for ?14.99

Pack of 4 "Red Sputnik" rockets for ?4.99

A constellation selection pack (22 pieces) for ?14.99

Also doing 40 "extra long" sparklers for 99p

Has anyone used any of the rockets before?

#2 PYRODUDE!!!

PYRODUDE!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:36 PM

Wow there doing fireworks again. Im in there.

#3 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 10:37 AM

I wonder about the firework prices over there!

Lidl here has nearly the same prices like in Britian, but GBP substituted with € :D

http://www.lidl.de/d...1230.index.ar18 Thats their assortment this year in the shop next to me.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#4 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

it saddens me to see people rushing to buy fireworks from supermarkets when they should be supporting their local year round retailers :( :(

#5 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:59 AM

In germany we have no special yearly local round retailers! We get ALL our fireworks from shops like Lidl and other supermarkets! But nearly all these markets buy their firework from Weco, Keller Pyrotechnik etc. All german companys. So, no need to worry here.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#6 PYRODUDE!!!

PYRODUDE!!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

Your from Germany! Your very lucky, enjoy those Knallkorpers. I bet you can get ones 8 inches long from where you live.

#7 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

it saddens me to see people rushing to buy fireworks from supermarkets when they should be supporting their local year round retailers :( :(

If i knew where some were i'd gladly go and buy from them, but i cant seem to find any. The shops i have found in the past, are just run by shady guys who open up for 2 weeks a year then vanish :( Mail order is handy but the postage costs are a bit of a put off unless your ordering ?100's

#8 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

There will surely be a retailer near you, there's practically a store in every town now, it's better to go to stores that know what they're talking about. I was in ASDA the other day and the girl at the fireworks counter was telling this woman how their ?50 Super Party selection box (Cat 3, 25m) would be fine for a small garden with kids around. Also, if you show your knowledge of pyrotechnics to people who run proper stores, there can be benefits. Since going to my local retailer (SP Fireworks) I have recieved numerous benefits and industry information, as well as the chance to do Cat 4 Training and possibly help out in some displays (yet unconfirmed).

Edited by sizzle, 30 December 2005 - 09:10 PM.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#9 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:49 AM

There will surely be a retailer near you, there's practically a store in every town now, it's better to go to stores that know what they're talking about. I was in ASDA the other day and the girl at the fireworks counter was telling this woman how their ?50 Super Party selection box (Cat 3, 25m) would be fine for a small garden with kids around. Also, if you show your knowledge of pyrotechnics to people who run proper stores, there can be benefits. Since going to my local retailer (SP Fireworks) I have recieved numerous benefits and industry information, as well as the chance to do Cat 4 Training and possibly help out in some displays (yet unconfirmed).

their ain't a retailer near me, or in the nearest city either.

so i just buy from supermarkets.

#10 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:40 PM

If you live in the UK try Yell.com.

#11 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

which city in the UK doesn't have a decent firework retailer???

#12 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:37 PM

which city in the UK doesn't have a decent firework retailer???

This is my point. Maybe a small town might not have a retailer, but certainly a near-by city will. Usually more than one.

#13 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 08:55 PM

Searched Yell for fireworks in Liverpool, quite a big city, and it only finds one shop, claims to be open all year round on Yell, but its only actually open for about 2 weeks before Nov 5th and a week or thereabouts before new year. Done the same search for Edinburgh, capital city (where i am right now) and it only brings up one place, which im sure is just a display company. Not having a car doesn't help either lol

Anyways, grabbed a packet of these Lidl Red Sputnik rockets, 4 rockets, 4 different effects, i'll write a little review once they've been used.

#14 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Searched Yell for fireworks in Liverpool, quite a big city, and it only finds one shop, claims to be open all year round on Yell, but its only actually open for about 2 weeks before Nov 5th and a week or thereabouts before new year. Done the same search for Edinburgh, capital city (where i am right now) and it only brings up one place, which im sure is just a display company. Not having a car doesn't help either lol

Anyways, grabbed a packet of these Lidl Red Sputnik rockets, 4 rockets, 4 different effects, i'll write a little review once they've been used.

edinburgh is great for hogmanay, enjoy it.

#15 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, never seen the fireworks from Edinburgh Castle mind you lol usually an amazing display though.

Anyways, these lidl Red Sputnik rockets, what can i say, wow! they were bloody excellent and i highly recomend them. Each rocket had atleast 2 bursts, and one had 2 bursts then crackling star things. Great rockets for the price, soared to a nice height, loud bang when they burst and the bursts were fairly large aswell. I've got video of these going off so i'll need to compress them and upload them.

I also let off a mk9 thunderflash grenade (things used for paintball/airsoft etc games) and bloody hell!! that was one of the loudest bangs i've ever heard lol left a nice crater in the ground aswell lol

Other loud thing i let off was a Menshun "Block Buster" 24 shot barrage, basically just 24 airbombs, very loud aswell, really liked that one.

Happy new year everyone!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users