• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

Does anyone know of a source of plastic cylinder shell casing sets bigger than 3" please?

Edited by pyrotrev, 19 January 2006 - 01:24 PM.

Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#2 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:01 PM

Skylighter.

[EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you meant Plastic.]

Edited by sizzle, 19 January 2006 - 06:03 PM.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#3 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

Plasticos Gamon, Valencia, Spain (hoping to visit them at Fallas this year)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#4 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

Plasticos Gamon, Valencia, Spain (hoping to visit them at Fallas this year)

Yes, plasticos gamon has exellent quality products.
The plastic ballshells they sell are of far better quality then the American plastic shells.
Just glueing them with some xylene is enough for powerfull breaks.
The cardboard shells are also of superb quality.
One more thing: they are cheap :) .
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#5 chris17

chris17

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

In how large quantities does Plasticos Gamon sell their products? I received their catalogue recently but I havn't had time to make an inquiry.

#6 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

You can order any quantity if you are a first time costumer.
After that they will only sell in ''bulk'' wich means you will have to order a full box/case of one product.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#7 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:55 AM

You can order any quantity if you are a first time costumer.

Do they have a website please?

#8 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:44 PM

Here is there web page http://www.gamon.es/

They have been slow to respond to my emails... but they do get round to replying...
I have there catalogue and there is plenty to choose from :) .

I remember Karlfoxman posting some pictures of some plastic shell's which i expect came from Gamon..

I am wanting to make an order for some of those plastic shells but some are quite a bit different from the plastic shells from skylighter?..

Can some one who has purchased there shells explain the diferences between the shells?.

I dont like the look of the shells with a large opening at the top? wont this disturb the break symetry?
The other type that looks like a normal shell then needs a extra piece of plastic called a Camisa? this is basically another plastic shell to cover the first plastic shell?.. Does this remove the need for strapping tape ?..Do you get good symetry from this type of shell..

The other point i dont like is the fuse hole is very large not the standard size for 1/4" time fuse..

From the price list they sent me the amounts you have to buy vary from 300 units per box (3" Japonesas No 75) to 35 units per box (8" japonesa No 200). Prices are due to go up in feb 2006 but the 3" cost 0.29 euro and the 8" cost 0.76 euro which is far cheaper than skylighters ..

Having read what jerronimo said that you can buy what you want the first time (samples) then i will email them soon to get various size shells...before i make a big order...

Any memeber have anything good to say about there products?

#9 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

oops

Edited by Jerronimo, 23 January 2006 - 08:31 PM.

#10 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

Sasman :

Yes those were from Gamon, they seem to be much stronger than the Skylighter (Pyroplastics) ones. I am really happy with the ones i bought, we never use and strapping tape and get decent breaks. The two part ones i believe are shown being constructed on Freakpyromaniacs web site under factory visits. I believe these will give good round bursts as there is no real weak seam,

The ones with the opening are great when i was filling my saturn shell up, when the inner petal was loaded i could just glue the hemis and fill the rest of the shell up with the lid off :D :D I got a perfect ring, but the planet flopped because the break charge was not stronger in the petal :blush:

On the note of fuses, i believe the spanish use spoolettes that just fit into the hole. I just roll my time fuse in gummed tape so they are tight and use them, i find it to be a really good method and it always works for me.

If you want i can send you one of my 4 and 5 inch sets so you can have a play with them, i am thinking of buying more from them too. I like the paper ones they do.

Jeronnimo:

You can use my photobucket account, ill PM you later.

#11 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

Thank you for offering your upload karlfoxman, but I already found one.
pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image

first picture:from left to right:liftcup,lower hemisphere,upper hemisphere,seperate plug with leaderhook.
The inside diameter of the spolette tube is 10 mm.

#12 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Yes, the Gamon hemis are superior to the American ones.. and with the dual hemi (hemi-in-a-hemi) er, hemi's, you don't need strapping tape etc etc at all. The 'Japonesa' type are good for making daytime coloured 'powder charges too because you can fill it with powder paint up to the top.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#13 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

BTW, whats's the debris like from these cases? how big are the bits? are they heavy?

#14 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:41 PM

Yes, the Gamon shells look very nice! Far superior than the American '2 part' ones.

Does anyone stock / sell them in the UK?

Edited by Karl, 24 January 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#15 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

Yes, the Gamon shells look very nice! Far superior than the American '2 part' ones.

Does anyone stock / sell them in the UK?

No they dont, you will need to order a large quantity i should think or get 'samples' the cost of my stuff worked out to about ?60 and that was everything included. Was supprised as i didnt expect the package to weigh 7.5kg!!! It only had 20 sets in it. I have been looking for paper shells and have seen firefox doing them, i may order a few to play with :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users