portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

All i get is.. Sorry. No can do.

do i have to Register?

Edited by portfire, 01 March 2007 - 10:15 PM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#62 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

Sorry try this

Posted Image

http://bp3.blogger.c...-03-07_2152.jpg

Posted Image

http://bp2.blogger.c...-03-07_2153.jpg

Not the best pictures but it gives you the idea.

Edited by cooperman435, 02 March 2007 - 09:19 PM.

#63 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm just making my first paper ball shell timed with Japanese time fuse. In the past I have used taped up visco with plastic cases.

Ideally I need to cross-match the time fuse, but while my black match is now very good for making quickmatch leaders, I just don't think it's good enough to make 100% reliable cross-match.

I have two alternatives in mind: 1 - angle cut the time fuse, then dip in BP slurry and dust with grain powder, much as I do with visco, or 2 - use some hot 1/16" visco, completely coated outside with BP slurry to ensure side ignition and use it to cross-match the time fuse in the conventional way.

Any thoughts on reliability? What works for you with Japanese time fuse? Should I just invest the time in making perfect cross-match? I don't need super-accurate timing at this stage, just very reliable ignition...

Edited by BrightStar, 20 April 2007 - 11:57 AM.

#64 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:41 AM

I'm just making my first paper ball shell timed with Japanese time fuse. In the past I have used taped up visco with plastic cases.

Ideally I need to cross-match the time fuse, but while my black match is now very good for making quickmatch leaders, I just don't think it's good enough to make 100% reliable cross-match.

I have two alternatives in mind: 1 - angle cut the time fuse, then dip in BP slurry and dust with grain powder, much as I do with visco, or 2 - use some hot 1/16" visco, completely coated outside with BP slurry to ensure side ignition and use it to cross-match the time fuse in the conventional way.

Any thoughts on reliability? What works for you with Japanese time fuse? Should I just invest the time in making perfect cross-match? I don't need super-accurate timing at this stage, just very reliable ignition...

You can split the end of the time fuse, and 'pack' thick BP slurry into the cut, and cover the exposed end liberally, as well.

It's worthwhile to get your BM up to the quality you want though, because a punched hole or razor slit crossmatched with good BM is esthetically more pleasing, reliable, and accurate for timing.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#65 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

Thanks Frozentech, most helpful...

I had a dig through the Passfire autopsies, and it seems that the Chinese made shells often use split time fuse coated with BP slurry, but they use two fuses in parallel for redundancy....

I'll probably have to work on making a good quality cross-match in smaller quantities than my ordinary match. The suggestion is that at least four very fine BP impregnated and coated cotton threads should be twisted together and dried.

It would still be interesting to try coating very fine hot visco with BP slurry to see if it is usable as cross-match..

Edited by BrightStar, 28 April 2007 - 09:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users