Photo

Brainstorming pyro ideas

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Ultraviolet and infra-red in fireworks can be done from firework formulae, if you look at a lighted Calor Gas plaque radiant heater-that would be the basis for infra red as the red glow and colour sends out the heat and Ultraviolet light comes from arc-welding and is a purply bluish like look and would form the basis for ultraviolet coloured stars and/or effects. Those colours could easily be made in firework mixtures, and put into practice. They would easily be seen by the naked eye too. Btw Astra's Radiant Cascade fountain (cat2,5m) manages to shove infra-red coloured stars into the "showers of sparks" mix hence the effect "emits showers of sparks and emits stars" on it's label, and hence the title "Radiant Cascade". :closedeyes: Btw Standard have Aqua Blue effects in one of it's new cakes for this year(I have the brochure, the cake is I think, White Heat).

Edited by Anthony, 03 March 2006 - 01:40 PM.

#17 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:52 PM

I think you are confusing an interpretation of Ultra Violet and Infra Red and ACTUAL Ultra Violet and Infra Red

#18 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:55 PM

It would be totally DAFT to manufacture a firework which produces invisible UV/IR light that you can't see, as you would need special glasses/eyewear to see it and it would be a non-starter. It would also be totally useless to the consumer if they had to get special glasses/eyewear to see a Cat2/3 firework producing invisible UV/IR light/effects. I was talking about actual visible UV/IR colours that you CAN see-NOT the invisible UV/IR light and colour that you cannot see at all. :glare:

Edited by Anthony, 03 March 2006 - 01:59 PM.

#19 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

erm - is it just me or is this just really funny :)

#20 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:44 PM

Only explaining the impracticalities and difficulties of manufacturing and using such a firework. What's the point if you CAN'T see it if it produces invisible UV/IR light and why should such a thing be made if you have to have special eyewear to watch it?!?! Negates the whole point of fireworks entirely :angry: For a start I don't think any manufacturer would EVER entertain such an idea and secondly, I don't think there'd ever be a market for such a firework which produces light and colour that you cannot see. Fireworks are meant to be seen and heard for your enjoyment;and that's why they have visible light/colours and sounds. To have non visible UV colour starbursts and non visible IR colour brocade starbursts on a rainbow fancake would be impossible to do due merely down to the fact in that YOU CANNOT SEE THEM. What an idiotic and ridiculous idea! :(

Edited by Anthony, 03 March 2006 - 02:54 PM.

#21 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

Anthony, please stop talking a load of rubbish. All fireworks produce infrared radiation: heat! Firework compositions are formulated to produce visible light ranging from red at the longer wavelengths down to blue and violet at the shorter end of the visible spectrum. The only exception I can think of are the MTV compositions used in missile countermeasures, where the goal is to create a decoy heat signature.

The colours you see in fireworks are down to the molecular band spectra emissions of various metal salts.

Ultraviolet light is very energetic and can be quite dangerous. I think you would have quite a challenge producing it to any use in a firework!

#22 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:18 PM

Well - obviously I apologise if I misunderstood what you said???

Ultra violet and infra red in firework colours IS possible and it could certainly be done. Btw you wouldn't need special glasses at all to view

but then I reckon you saved me from responding!

What an idiotic and ridiculous idea

it was YOU who said UltraViolet and Infrared was possible Anthony, no body else- sigh!!

#23 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:22 PM

I meant the VISIBLE UV/IR colours NOT THE TYPE YOU CANT SEE AND DEFINATELY NOT THE SORT YOU NEED SPECIAL EYEWEAR/GLASSES TO SEE. :angry: duh

Edited by Anthony, 03 March 2006 - 03:30 PM.

#24 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

thats the point - Ultraviolet (UV) light has shorter wavelengths than visible light - and infrared waves are longer than visible light

so you don't get visible infrared or ultraviolet - THATS WHY IT WAS FUNNY!!

#25 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

Karlfoxman threw this idea up and he blasted me for not including it then I did, then I was made to look a fool :(

#26 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 03:54 PM

It was a joke!

#27 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

Ultraviolet stars are actually pretty easy to make. What do you think washed out blue is? You may say "oh it burns too hot and it destroys the CuCl molecule". The electrons then make a larger jump in the d sublevel(where most visible color comes from), to make a lower wavelength(higher energy) photon.

#28 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

Not exactly going to give you sunburn though is it. :rolleyes:

#29 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

It would all depend on the size of the star I suppose. If you enjoy making 2 kilo stars and burning them a foot away it would be a different story. :D

#30 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:00 PM

I have a few ideas I will share.

Don't have much time now, but will most more during the week. First one is for a salute. It is a large salute, 3" or greater, with rising effects. There would be two rising effects, first is a small salute followed by a slightly larger salute. The desired effect is a pop to bang to BOOM. Only problem is I do not feel like working with enough flash to make a 3" salute.

More ideas to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users