Why are words like b**b in posts obliterated?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

-_- Just a query;whenever firework posts containing the word b**b are submitted,the word b**b is obliterated with b**b or B**b, taken to meaning it may be a rude word hence the obliteration. Why is this? Has the forum been engineered or set-up to obliterate (or automatically obliterates) that word, ie the forum takes it as a rude or obscene meaning? ;)

Edited by Anthony, 02 March 2006 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

You think boob is an offensive word? I don't. b-o-m-b is though! I don't want idiots searching for new ways to blow their hands off coming anywhere near our forums.

We have no interest in destructive devices here! And anyone who does should quite rightly be visited by special branch in the near future for complimentary bed and breakfast at her Majesty's pleasure.

#3 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:34 PM

You think boob is an offensive word? I don't. b-o-m-b is though! I don't want idiots searching for new ways to blow their hands off coming anywhere near our forums.

We have no interest in destructive devices here! And anyone who does should quite rightly be visited by special branch in the near future for complimentary bed and breakfast at her majesties pleasure.

I didn't mean b-o-m-bs that destroy property and people and I didn't mean b-o-m-bs with the potential to cause property damage either. I meant consumer fireworks that were talked about on the forum that have b-o-m-b in their title aka Bright Star Proton B-o-m-b for example. That's the sort of thing what I meant. Sorry to clear this misunderstanding up. :closedeyes:

Edited by Anthony, 02 March 2006 - 03:40 PM.

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

I know what you meant Anthony. The filter is not smart enough to distinguish between the contexts of a roman candle report unit and a destructive device. :rolleyes:

#5 EnigmaticBiker

EnigmaticBiker

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:56 PM

I know what you meant Anthony. The filter is not smart enough to distinguish between the contexts of a roman candle report unit and a destructive device. :rolleyes:

Personally rather glad that such filters exist, to deter those who are not smart enough to distinguish between pyrotechnics and pyromania, or worse. Also those who look for them.

Simon

#6 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:05 PM

Seconded. I really can't think of any good example wich doesn't imply a destructive device, even if only by name.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)