• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 02:16 PM

Hi again, thanks for the potassium nitrate but i now have the problem of finding a roll of safety fuse. I seen it on unitednuclear.com but it cant be exported to the uk, so is there anywhere i can get it in the uk? Thanks

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Mcadamania]

#2 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 03:28 PM

this has already been talked about in the forums some where. i remember someone(adam i think) saying 'since its illegal to make fireworks in the UK without the correct licence visco safety fuse is very hard to come by'. even when you do find some you will most likely need a licence for it unless its sold in a model shop for model rockets.

[Edited on 22-6-2003 by Pyromaster2003]

#3 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:02 PM

Ok, although it may be illegal i still need some :P , so if anyone knows a site or company that i can buy it from then give me a shout, thanks. Where do you guys in the uk get yours for lighting your fireworks?

#4 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:20 PM

most pyros get it from pyro dealers becuase they have licences and a lot just make black match and maybe refine it by putting a coating of nitrocelulose liquer over it, as posted a few days ago.

#5 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

Ok, so is there anyone that will get me safety fuse without having to get a license n s**t? lol Any help will do. If your willing to export from the Usa then that would be fine :)

#6 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:12 PM

Is it possible to get safety fuse like that 'visco green safety fuse' without a license? I dont want to start exporting the stuff or anything, i just need some for my very first workpiece

#7 PanMaster

PanMaster

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:19 PM

I don't understand why you people use primitive fuses.
Why use unreliable, black powder fuses/safety fuse which needs a license and is messy to use?:o
Electric fuses can be REUSED, they are CHEAP and DON'T need a LICENSE.
Nichrome wire can be very thin compared to chemical fuses, thus it will not affect explosive performance as much as thick, messy black lengths

#8 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:43 PM

Well you see, i am rather new to making my own fireworks. I love lighting fireworks around bonfire night, i spent hundreds this year! Thing is i dont no how to make my own yet, i ordered the Kno3 to make a simple smoke charge first... then i want to start making my own stars n stuff. I didnt fancie the idea of buying black powder and the rest just to make fuses so i want to buy them for now:o

#9 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:10 PM

Hmm, well if you dont make fuse (if you arent able to buy it) then you cant light the firework!

#10 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:23 PM

Surely ill be able to get it from somewhere, even if someone sends me it? i seen it on pyromans website that he gets it from a friend, Is it ok if i do that?

#11 paintballr4him

paintballr4him

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:10 PM

Hey, I found a spot called www.firefox-fx.com where you can buy safety fuse without a licence. I'm not sure, but you might as well try it out!;)

#12 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:07 PM

Originally posted by paintballr4him
Hey, I found a spot called www.firefox-fx.com where you can buy safety fuse without a licence. I'm not sure, but you might as well try it out!;)

Fire fox is a very known supplier for the amateur fireworks maker. They are located in the USA. Fire-fox is not allowed to ship fuse outside the USA.

BigG

#13 paintballr4him

paintballr4him

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 05:44 AM

Ok, so was wrong, but will they ship within the US without a licence? I have some buds there that can probably order it and then have it sent to me.

#14 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:51 AM

They will ship in the US for individuals aged 21 and above and holding valid driving license.

It's not allowed to ship fuse to the UK in any way, unless you are paying Hazard - fee and declare content.

BigG

#15 leniol

leniol

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:05 PM

If you're seriously interested in making fireworks then you'll need to make black powder. If you can master this then you can make fuses- if not, then perhaps this goes back to running before one can walk?:-) Importing fuse could be risky- customs might well wonder why you want it & if you've not got the paperwork :o Making your own avoids this problem:bounce:

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by leniol]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users