• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 02:55 AM

Just posting here letting you guys know the training/shoot went AMAZING and that I am still alive and not hurt. Will post details tomorrow! Unfortunately no video as my brother completely forgot to bring a camera.

Got to the shoot site at around 2pm Saturday with my cousin. There was a carnival on one side of the train station and baseball fields on the other. The site was in the far side of the parking lot for the baseball fields on the other side of the tracks from the carnival. Met up with two other trainees and the manager. Met the lead and waited for the truck to get back from the bunker. Around 2:30 everyone was there and the lead introduced himself and other employees to us. We took pictures for ID tags, and after that training commenced. They went over the common sense basics just incase any of us lacked that, fortunately we all had some :). Then came unloading the truck. We had atleast 30 14 shot racks to unload. Only 2.5" and 3" sized racks due to space and distance limitations. So for 4 people unloading it was not to bad at all. Small budget show as most towns dont like shelling out crazy money. After the racks were unloaded a ton of A-frames were unloaded as well as some 1x3's I believe. They explained to us how to railroad the racks to avoid tipping, how to box the finale, how to setup up the salute part of the finale and why(didnt know that one :D), how to splice quickmatch strands together to connect finale chains, loading the mortars, lighting, proper safety before, after, and during shooting, and a TON more but I figured you already know all of that stuff already.

Was definitely fun! Shot off around 75 shells myself. It was a blast!!! Only thing I forgot to do was ask for ear plugs, but I am fine now. Just have to remember for the next show so I dont start to lose my hearing.

I will try to get either pics or video of my next shoot. I can guarentee pics eventually, but depending on my brother video is iffy. My next shoot is paid which is great because I get paid to do what I love, even if it is extra work setting up it is all worth it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Edited by italteen3, 01 May 2006 - 08:33 PM.

#17 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 04:20 AM

I promised I would get video up of my next shoot! I did end up filming the finale of my next shoot. It was a LOT bigger show. Required a couple days of setup, but was a big learning experience for myself. Was e-fired so I got to enjoy it.

http://www.pyrorevie.../cat/500/page/1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users