• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

The UKPS is pleased to announce our first organised event: A guided tour of Kimbolton Fireworks Ltd, Cambridgeshire, by the Rev Ron Lancaster MBE.

Friday 23rd June.

Places are strictly limited, and the event is also open to a small number of non-members. Registration is strictly first-come, first-served, so if you want to join us for a day of fun, do not delay! Or you will miss out!

More details and registration procedure:
http://www.pyrosocie.../kimbolton.html

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:57 AM

Further details have been posted on the website. We are pleased to announce that Simon Page from Kimbolton Fireworks will be presenting a talk on the planning, setting up, and firing of the larger displays undertaken by the company.

#3 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:13 PM

Please note that there is now one more place available for this event. If you wish to join, let us know ASAP by following the link above!

#4 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:18 AM

What an absolute treat this day was. I will remember it for a long time. Firstly let me thank the Admin/mod team for all their hard work in organising this event ? absolutely brilliant. A very big thanks goes to Mr. Ron Lancaster who allowed the society to visit and personally gave the factory tour.

The tour covered every bit of the factory, workshops, storage, magazines, manufacturing area and one area that had most people drooling like Homer Simpson. BigG found this very amusing! Mr Lancaster?s commentary throughout was excellent and included many anecdotes. A question was asked about some new 3 inch star gerbs that were being produced and before you knew it one was on the test site and being fired.

At the end of the tour, over tea and bikkies Mr Lancaster signed several members? copies of his book, editions 1 through 4. I wish I?d taken my copy! Our time was up though I?m sure there are nail marks in the concrete where some had to be dragged away!

Onto a meeting hall and Simon Page from Kimbolton gave an excellent presentation on just what is involved in firing a show, from taking a customer order to clearing up at the end. Very hard work, but rewarding.

Then to the pub for food and a chance to sit down and get to know everyone. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to the next event. It was great to put faces to the names and make new friends.

If you haven?t done so already then get your membership application in ? you really don?t want to miss the organised events and a chance to meet fellow members who share your enthusiasm about all things pyro.

Gavin

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:43 AM

Yes Many thanks to the UKPyro society for organising the event.

The commitment to excelence shown by the Rev Lancaster and his company and coleagues is amazing.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

Thank you to everyone that attended, I hope you all enjoyed it. I know I did. The tea and biscuits was nice- "more tea vicar?" :)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#7 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:16 PM

It was a great time, always nice to hear the Rev Lancaster talk. He he that area was rather tasty, could spend all week in there! Well done and thankyou to everyone who attended the event, was really nice to meet more faces. Well done to the people who made it possible, it ran like clockwork!! :D

The next one should be good, I look forward to it!!

'MORE TEA VICAR!' very good Adam :P

#8 MattyJ

MattyJ

• UKPS Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:19 PM

Sounds like you all had a really great time, wish I?d registered with UKPyro society so I could have come along, will join up immediately, looking forward to future events.

#9 PyroKid

PyroKid

PyroKid

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 11:48 PM

Hi Guys,

Hows it going ?

Hope all is well!

Just thought i should let you guys know that i made it home safe and dry !

For those of you who have not sent their application forms back or are yet to send off for a pack, all i can tell you guys is that you dont know what your missing - as im sure many of you are aware, there is a vast number of Pyro Clubs out in the US and surrounding areas whereas there was (untill now) nothing in place for fellow pyros within the UK - I see the UKRA as, if nothing else, a great way in order to emerge from the shadows in which us pyro types lurk and meet other like minded people.

I for one enjoyed getting to know the people behind the handles that we lurk behind here at UK Rocketry.

Im sure everyone would agree with me when i say that im pretty certain that a great time was had by all !

Out to BigG for organising such an enjoyable and educational event as i know he had recieved more than his fair share of stresses during the process of organising such an event - all i can say is keep up the good
work!

P.S. Big shout out to Regimental Pyro - nice to meet ya mate, Steve A.K.A Indiana Jones, Out to yours truely with the b**b Technicien T-Shirt (what lies within the depths of my bag remains a mystery) and finaly out to all members and moderators who made all this possible!

Hope to meet again within the not so distant future!

All The Best!

PyroKid A.K.A The b**b Technicien
Who said there wasnt fireworks between us?

#10 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Top day chaps :D

I think we all had a wonderful time. Mr Big your military precision timing was spot on.

Cheers

Waz
(Chief I/C Catering)
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#11 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

Echoing all ^^
It was a great day, well done BigG & co

I didnt take many pics, but i have put them up here:

http://www.clintweb.co.uk/random/UKPS/

along with ones from the UKRA event a couple of weeks back.

Good to meet some of you again, and to meet some new faces as well!

#12 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

Nice to see everyone had a good time and appreciated the effort put in by all those involved in this event.
Sorry I did not get to stick around or meet up afterwards.
Pity we did not do a quick meet n greet as there were severall new faces that I had not seen before... but maybe next time.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#13 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:46 PM

I'm sure I'm just re-iterating the sentiments of post above, but well done chaps for arranging and pulling off such a fantastic first event. After all the excitement of the day, I couldn't believe we even got some sarnies, crisps and bickies thrown in! Worth ?6 of anyones money! :D

Take care chaps and looking forward to the next event....

Cheers,

Wayne.
(Still dreaming about Ron's chem shed ;)

Edited by wayne, 25 June 2006 - 07:47 PM.

#14 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:30 PM

Sounds cool wish i could have seen it.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#15 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:56 PM

Damn, sounds like i missed a great day :( ......again! I really will have to try harder next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users