• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 10:04 PM

Ok i decided to take everones advice and try to make my own black match fuse :bounce:
Thing is, i searched the forums and the web for black powder but cannot find any.
So if anyone can give me details on getting it and how to use it properly it would be much appreciated :-)
Oh yeh, i got the plans from pyroman2003's website so i hope they work ok!

#2 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:58 AM

Make it. Dan williams has an excelent article on how to make BP on his website, i cant remember the addy, but it cant be hard to find. Making it is a heck of a lot cheaper than buyin it too

-Matt

#3 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:48 AM

You will have more trouble trying to buy BP than visco.

Steve

#4 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:12 AM

Does black powder have a chemical name like kno3 or anything?

#5 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:00 PM

I spose it would if charcoal had a fixed ratio of each atom.

#6 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:40 PM

BP is only a mixture and not a compound, so it does not have a chemical name. Soemtimes it can be called KNO3+S+C but its not really right.

Steve

#7 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:38 PM

Yeah what he said. I dont know my chemistry :rolleyes:

#8 Robbie414

Robbie414

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:38 PM

Mcadamania

This post is not intended as an insult so please do not take it that way. Your chemistry knowledge and experience is obviously very low compared to most people in this forum, and your pyrotechnical experience even lower. This is not a bad thing and I am glad that you have joined this group and asked questions before blindly mixing up compositions. However most of your posts have been where to get supplies rather than how to use them! Please be cautious.....black powder is not to be messed with....we are talking about explosives here and you should know the difference between a compound and a mixture before you start messing with it. All I am saying is trawl the forum, there is tonnes of really sensible and technically accurate advice on here. I am guessing that you have read the anarchists cookbook or totsi or something of like that.......Well forget everything you read, it will either make you look stupid, get you arrested or kill you. Then there will be another dead kid out there and the rest of us will find it even more tricky to get hold of our supplies. Stay safe Mcadamania and if in doubt ask....don't do.....ask!

#9 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:19 PM

Here I go again:rolleyes: Buy one really good book. Lancaster or Shimizu. Hands on experience will not come with the book but your gonna need the book anyway. Put the money on the table right now and get it over with. The knowledgeable people on this forum will help you with the rest.:)

#10 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:03 AM

Yeh, ive been looking at the simple experiments for now, my potassium nitrate came today and i got the insturctions off pyromans site :). I aint dangerous, and ill learn quickly so not to worry.

#11 Mcadamania

Mcadamania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:04 AM

yeh i meant the instructions for a simple smoke charge, and the black powder is to make my own fuses, Not related to the pyrotechnics - I was at Eminem @ Hampden tonite :cool::bounce: Just thought i would say it was bloody excellent !! anyone else here from Scotland?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users