25 replies to this topic

#16 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

Many industries and companies require up to date copies of the CRC. Copies only a few years old can be picked up off ebay quite frequently. I'm lucky enough to have access to the most current one from university access.

#17 matthew

matthew

mat

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:23 PM

Hi

i am interested in buying a book.What is the best book for a beginer like me the principals and practice by ron lancaster or introductory practical pyrotechnics by tom perigrin?

thanks

#18 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hi

i am interested in buying a book.What is the best book for a beginer like me the principals and practice by ron lancaster or introductory practical pyrotechnics by tom perigrin?

thanks

Hi,
Tom perrigrins book is the best for beginers as it guides you through many projects,then buy the rev lancasters book as this is a must have once you have gained some exsperiance,
regards.

#19 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

I any body is looking to buy any books then i can recomend the,American Firework News website.There is a large selection,they are cheaper than skylighter were, and there is no rip off delivery and handling fee,and it only took four days to deliver,all in all,excellent !

#20 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

I've been having a clear-out and have just got round to putting my no-longer wanted pyro literature on eBay. They're on as charity auctions, so you'll be helping a very worthy cause (in the form of the Woodland Trust). Well, two worthy causes if I count as one ;)

Enjoy: http://shop.ebay.co..../chemistryjamie

#21 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

I've been having a clear-out and have just got round to putting my no-longer wanted pyro literature on eBay. They're on as charity auctions, so you'll be helping a very worthy cause (in the form of the Woodland Trust). Well, two worthy causes if I count as one ;)

Enjoy: http://shop.ebay.co..../chemistryjamie

Wow that is quite some collection. Are you giving up the art?
Phew that was close.

#22 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

Wow that is quite some collection. Are you giving up the art?

I'd pretty well given it up two years ago, just haven't got around to selling these until now. In the autumn my BP press will start its new career in the field of cider making :rolleyes: I might have a few other bits of tooling to sell at some point - will put a heads up on here if and when I do.

#23 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:13 PM

Can anyone guide me towards a copy of the four volumes by Urbanski and the text by Svedlovski as translated into English please?
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#24 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Can anyone guide me towards a copy of the four volumes by Urbanski and the text by Svedlovski as translated into English please?

Arthur, please can you elaborate? who are these people? what is there connection to fireworks?

#25 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

Shidlovsky - Principles of Pyrotechnics

The Urbanski books, well I just don't know where to find affordable hard copies. Volume I goes for $1,000 USD used.
Good luck.

Urbanski - Chemistry and Technology of Explosives Volume I
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#26 GZ22

GZ22

An Explosive Force

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:22 PM

Arthur - you have a PM
Do it safe - Do it right - or - Don't do it at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users