• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pmhcfc

pmhcfc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

Not sure how I've missed this site over the past few weeks...has anyone else heard of this place...I mean,, HOW cheap are these fireworks??? No wonder they've sold out of so many with all the offers they have running...
Anyone any idea of which range of fireworks these are ? http://www.latifs.co.uk/

Paul

#2 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

These are Panda and Red Devil fireworks, the prices are about average for those brands, but as a UKPS member, you would get a 30% discount on Panda Fireworks at SP Fireworks in Stafford.

Edited by sizzle, 27 October 2006 - 03:34 PM.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#3 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:44 PM

Seen Latifs website the other week and i was pretty impressed with the prices.

I asked how much postage would be for 5 packs of the mini rockets (10 packs altogether as they're buy 1 get 1 free) and they quoted me £23 for delivery :( so i never bothered with it.

#4 Guest_Dan1011_*

Guest_Dan1011_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:51 AM

the main store is in bilston, west mids. only bout 10 mins from me. when I went up there last week i brought 2packs of the £3 rockets so that was £6 for 40 rockets. Then got 3 of the panda Mystical selection for £30

#5 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:08 PM

Postal rate is fair as you have to use certain couriers- Royal Mail will not allow fireworks to be delivered.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#6 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

Postal rate is fair as you have to use certain couriers- Royal Mail will not allow fireworks to be delivered.

While this may be true, I think the couriers that do have a lisence to transport explosives are running a bit of a monopoly here.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#7 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:49 AM

I realise fireworks are usually expensive to ship, but most places seem to have a set delivery fee which usually seems to be £15-20?

I know someone else who ordered £130 from Latifs and got quoted £48 delivery! needless to say she never bothered either.

Dan - Thanks for making me jealous about the mini rockets lol

Edited by 5thElement, 29 October 2006 - 12:55 AM.

#8 pmhcfc

pmhcfc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:49 PM

I realise fireworks areI know someone else who ordered £130 from Latifs and got quoted £48 delivery! needless to say she never bothered either.

So that's the catch with them eh ? Spose I could always go pick em up...Brum not that far away I spose

#9 Blast Happy Fool

Blast Happy Fool

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

Seen Latifs website the other week and i was pretty impressed with the prices.

I asked how much postage would be for 5 packs of the mini rockets (10 packs altogether as they're buy 1 get 1 free) and they quoted me £23 for delivery :( so i never bothered with it.

I bought a 12Kg box of fireworks from The Chinese Firework Company and the delivery was a very reasonable £14. They came overnight too although the site said that was extra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users