Agreed.

#17 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

For Ti you can expect to pay somewhere in the region of £20-30kg delivered, depending on how much, and what type you are buying. But the price isnt the problem....the problem is finding someone who will supply!

Mg is slightly easier to obtain, which is ironic, as it is a lot more reactive, and hence dangerous. For this you can expect to pay about £5-7kg if buying over 50kg.

As for Al, if you want to buy 1 tonne of the really fine stuff, you will pay just £2kg delivered!!!

So, if you are into pyro in a BIG way, you can get this stuff for peanuts!! Its a shame, but if you are buying hobby amounts of pyro chems, you have to pay through the nose, :( thats why forming a consortium and bulk buying makes sense, but this, in my experience is difficult to arrange unless you know the consortium members well.

#18 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

Mg or Al woot woot!

For Ti you can expect to pay somewhere in the region of £20-30kg delivered, depending on how much, and what type you are buying. But the price isnt the problem....the problem is finding someone who will supply!

Mg is slightly easier to obtain, which is ironic, as it is a lot more reactive, and hence dangerous. For this you can expect to pay about £5-7kg if buying over 50kg.

As for Al, if you want to buy 1 tonne of the really fine stuff, you will pay just £2kg delivered!!!

So, if you are into pyro in a BIG way, you can get this stuff for peanuts!! Its a shame, but if you are buying hobby amounts of pyro chems, you have to pay through the nose, :( thats why forming a consortium and bulk buying makes sense, but this, in my experience is difficult to arrange unless you know the consortium members well.

#19 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:01 PM

I Bought some FeTi off the guy on Ebay and did a small test just mixed loose with BP in a tube

http://video.google....445661680947486

#20 alex000

alex000

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

I know where you can get large (50kg) drums of any type/size of magnesium, aluminium, titanium and magnalium powders, and have considered ordering, but decided against it as i only need a couple of kgs at the most. If anyone is into pyro on a big scale, PM me for a link to their website, unless you plan to do some sort of sharing system where we each pay for a portion.

If we all decide on a single type and size of metal powder, and i can guarantee where every part of the drum is going, I would consider ordering as the company is only about 20 miles from my house.

How much is it then?

#21 PyroThomas

PyroThomas

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

I Bought some FeTi off the guy on Ebay and did a small test just mixed loose with BP in a tube

http://video.google....445661680947486

I have been in contact with the ebay-seller too and will perhaps buy some of the FeTi. He mentioned some FeTi which contained 60% Ti which was 0-2mm. Is this the same stuff? Were there much fines in it? I am mostly interested in larger granules, about 10-40 mesh.

#22 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

It ranges from about 100 micron to 2mm sized granuals but mostly larger grains. yeah it sounds like the same stuff although i was under the impression it was 70% titanium.

Edited by Wyvern, 19 January 2007 - 08:32 PM.

#23 PyroThomas

PyroThomas

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

Ok, perhaps he wrote 60% by mistake. Both alloys will be good for me anyways, 70% is probably a tint brighter. The fines will perhaps be good for hot primes and such.

#24 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:34 PM

I certainly would be interested in the titanium orders. Though im not sure what particle size is best for bursts, but also good for rocket tails and comets at the same time.
There is no such thing as failure, either learn or succeed!

#25 treefingers

treefingers

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

Edited by treefingers, 27 January 2007 - 02:22 PM.

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.

#26 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I just got the internet set up in my new house.

I can't give a price until I get one definate size everyone who is making an order can agree on. The problem is that they sell a large range of products, though I am filling in a form on the website as I write this to try and get hold of a price list, but when I phoned up a few months ago they seemed reluctant to tell me too much unless I told them exactly what type I was after.

If everyone thats even considering making an order can post here with only 1 type of metal powder they would like, with a size, shape, and how much. Then I'll count up the different types, and find out which is most popular.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#27 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

Fair Enough,
60-80 mesh Ti shape preferably atomised/spherial but I'm happy for other shapes too. Depends on price but maybe a kilo or two?

Regards,

Mike

#28 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

Its impossible to do that. No one is gonna just happen to coincide. Its gonna be about compromise. people should start up saying the metal, then after they are all done, they should say the size. I am up for any size of metal.

#29 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:43 PM

Any update on this by anyone?

Regards,

Mike

#30 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:46 PM

Any update on this by anyone?

Regards,

Mike

Im still working on it, but no joy as yet :( Still waiting for a few replies. If anyone has any sources for Titanium please let me know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users