• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cplmac

cplmac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:09 AM

Just a suggestion. I know I've accumulated a pretty substantial collection of videos from my tests over the short five months I've been doing this.

#2 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

I think this is a realy good idea too, it would be nice to have a place to see other peoples work without having to stumble across it.

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:07 AM

I think a new section for showing off would be cool. But you probably would still have to find a place for your videos to sit on the internet yourself.

I think the problem in the past has been hosting. A lot of large videos costs a lot to host. The deal at present is hosting the video yourself and linking to it. There are plenty of free hosting actions about.

#4 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:37 AM

There's always the PyroBin for free pyro hosting.

www.pyrobin.com

The APC forum has a pyro media host at www.apcforum.net/files. Perhaps we could adopt a similar system here? Disabling browsing of the host also cuts down on bandwidth somewhat.

#5 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:04 PM

Not sure how much longer the APC filehost will be open though. It's not being abused or anything really, just a huge load on the hosting storage. The transfer thing is indeed greatly reduced when not allowing members to browse.

#6 cplmac

cplmac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

I have a website of my own that I use strictly to host my videos. I have 200 gigs of disk space on the site and 2TB of bandwidth a month. Currently I don't even use a fraction of that. That account goes up 16gigs a week on bandwidth and 1 gig a week on storage.

#7 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:19 AM

I have a website of my own that I use strictly to host my videos. I have 200 gigs of disk space on the site and 2TB of bandwidth a month. Currently I don't even use a fraction of that. That account goes up 16gigs a week on bandwidth and 1 gig a week on storage.

Hmmmm.. sounds familiar :) I'm up to 427G storage, 4720GB transfer now. It just keeps growing and growing, and.... it adds up, I will never catch up !

I am not one to advertise, but.... I do have a browseable photo/video gallery available there. If people are interested I will post the link. The web site was sort of set up to begin with as a site for the pyro irc channel to use.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#8 cplmac

cplmac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:07 AM

Yup, thanks for pointing me in that direction FT.

#9 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:22 AM

Why dont the admins take donations and rent a server. I would gladly donate. I am sure you could get a nice server for something like $50-$70 per year.

#10 cplmac

cplmac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

Thought I would give this a bump and see if there was any headway made here. I still think it's a good idea.

#11 Tennespeedy

Tennespeedy

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

Thought I would give this a bump and see if there was any headway made here. I still think it's a good idea.

Bumping it myself. Hello, I just joined because I like to watch the "Euro" pyro vids and read the forums. I broke off a couple months ago and purchased a Photopost Pro gallery site for my own Consumer ventures and whoever else wanted to participate. It is not "officially" affiliated with any forums. Feel free to use it if you like :D

http://www.fireworksmegagallery.com/

Contact me by PM here or at my site if you want specific categories, etc.. and I will be happy to accomodate.

Edited by Tennespeedy, 17 October 2007 - 11:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users