3 replies to this topic

#1 pudi.dk

pudi.dk

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

I want to make my own crossette pump (aluminium) but i need some dimensions or proportions for either a 3/8" or 1/2" pump. Detailed informations (pictures?) on the full pump and sleeve would be decent so i can make my pump as good as possible, but hints are also welcome.

When making such small crossettes, which break charge is preferred? I've heard people using both rolled shots and flash and whistle, but i'd like to hear peoples experiences

Also i've heard that wolter coat his pumps with nituff, this would be cool to coat my pump with. Not that I think it will be neccesary. ANyone know where to buy this and how to coat?

That's prettymuch it, I'll add a few question if i can think of more.

-thank you!
Videos visit: http://www.pudi.dk

#2 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

I want to make my own crossette pump (aluminium) but i need some dimensions or proportions for either a 3/8" or 1/2" pump. Detailed informations (pictures?) on the full pump and sleeve would be decent so i can make my pump as good as possible, but hints are also welcome.

When making such small crossettes, which break charge is preferred? I've heard people using both rolled shots and flash and whistle, but i'd like to hear peoples experiences

Also i've heard that wolter coat his pumps with nituff, this would be cool to coat my pump with. Not that I think it will be neccesary. ANyone know where to buy this and how to coat?

That's prettymuch it, I'll add a few question if i can think of more.

-thank you!

I am not sure that Rich does the coating himself. Nimet, the patent holder, may do it for him. In any case, it would cost a lot of money to set for the hard anodizing process. Nituff is a proprietary process, not just some material you apply to the metal. It anodizes the aluminum with a PTFE impregenated aluminum oxide coating.

As for breaking, I use rolled shots exclusively for 3/4" comets. I am still trying to get 100% success with loose break charge in 1 1/4" comets.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#3 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:31 AM

Yes, rich sends his tooling out to a 3rd party for the nituff coating.

From what I've heard small crossettes like that require very hard charges. Generally I believe Mg based flash is used.

#4 pudi.dk

pudi.dk

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

Okay, since I couldn't contact Frozentech by PM at UKPS or APC I'm gonna post my questions here and hopes he'll see it (and reply!)
I have no idea how else to get in contact with him

"It's about that 3" crossette shell tutorial on Pyrotechs.org.

- What was the height of each crosette?
- What was the height of the shell?
- What was the ID of the shell?
- How many crosettes were there per layer?"

Thanks,
pudidotdk
Videos visit: http://www.pudi.dk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users