• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PanMaster

PanMaster

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:21 PM

Whats the worst accident thats happened to any of the pyros here?

I've managed to burn some of the kitchen by heating up sugar/kno3 mixture :duh: and forgetting it would ignite. I also once nearly burnt myself in the shed when I was testing a sample, which accidentally set off a load of other powder all over the place.

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:05 PM

From reading your post it seems you have an alarming lack of regard for safety.

Firstly why were you heating anything indoors?

Secondly, why did you have a large quantity of explosive material exposed near a test area?

Thirdly, why were you testing a composition inside a small confined and flammable building?

Personally I see this thread as nothing but ammunition for the anti-fireworks brigade.

I myself have never had any injury greater than the odd burnt finger. Thats because I think twice and cut once.

#3 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:00 PM

Oooh dear. Thats something you shouldnt have admitted to. Like Richard said - even more bad publicity now. Thanks a lot. Thing like that give pyro a bad name. It isnt like the Nutty Professor where an experiment goes wrong, a bit of smoke drifts around and you get a comedy blacked face... your house gets destroyed, you get injured or killed, or even worse, some other unfortunate person(s) is harmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users