33 replies to this topic

#31 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

It's a good replacement for parlon. There's no distinguishable difference in between the two performance wise. Parlon is fluffier. Since pure PVC is hard to get here, I usually default to pure CPVC (without fillers).

#32 Bonny

Bonny

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:54 AM

It's a good replacement for parlon. There's no distinguishable difference in between the two performance wise. Parlon is fluffier. Since pure PVC is hard to get here, I usually default to pure CPVC (without fillers).

I had no problem finding PVC, but have never come across CPVC - other than pipe...

#33 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:00 AM

Same here Bonny. I've been looking for it on and off for a few years.

Saran resin is related to CPVC. Does CPVC have advantages over Saran? Saran is actually pretty clean burning, so I was curious if you got some of the advantages of PVC with CPVC, but with an increased chlorine content.

#34 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

It definitely wasn't as reactive as PVC. As I said before, it's like parlon, it tended to burn with a fairly self-extinguishing flame unless something else was there with it, and enhanced flames to about the same magnitude and degree. If you have nearby hardware stores, look at their stocks online for CPVC odds and ends. Many places seem to have piping or other things that are "100% CPVC", no fillers.

Edited by MDH, 01 August 2011 - 09:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users