35 replies to this topic

#1 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

hi whats happened to pyrotubes.com and! pyrotubes4europe? will i have to make a tube roller now :( a little help please

#2 pudi.dk

pudi.dk

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

Whudd'ya mean? I can acces the sites?
EDIT: Oh sorry, pyroteubes4europe is sold out, but pyrotubes.com?!

Edited by pudi.dk, 13 August 2007 - 06:37 PM.

Videos visit: http://www.pudi.dk

#3 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

EEK!

Does anyone know weather pyrotubes4europe will get more stock in? I was gonna make an order from them soon!!!!
Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Mike

#4 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

I hope that doesn't mean that pyrotubes4europe is going out of buisness. I ordered some spolette tubes from him. Real nice and quality tubes, service was also excelent.

#5 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

http://pyrocreations.com/

Is the only place that i know of that ships internationally (costs a bit though)

http://www.cannonfuse.com/

Seems to have a nice range but i dont know if he ships abroad

#6 cplmac

cplmac

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:02 PM

I don't know if they ship international, don't know why they wouldn't but I bought my tubes from hobby horse in Wisconsin US. He sells NEPT tubes I picked up a bundle of every size and they've been fantastic. Here's the link if you want to check it out and contact them.

Hobby Horse great source for NEPT

#7 pyroman89

pyroman89

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

I'am pretty sure pyrocreations ship internationally. I have ordered a book from there only cost me 16$ dollars shipping to Canada. I have also ordered some tubes from there.
too signature your as this put, twice this in backwards word the saw you because backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

#8 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:59 PM

so in a nutshell what your all saying is you cant buy a simple pyro/cardboard tube in the whole of the uk :wacko: kind of expensive when youve got to fly it half way around the world :angry:

#9 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

so in a nutshell what your all saying is you cant buy a simple pyro/cardboard tube in the whole of the uk :wacko: kind of expensive when youve got to fly it half way around the world :angry:

Well as long as they are 1/2" ones you can buy them from Inoxia.

#10 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

thinking more like 1"id,for dirty great big rockets :ph34r:

#11 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

Is it not just as simple and much cheaper to roll your own tubes? I found it difficult at first but with the right paper and former set up, I can roll a 1/4 bottle rocket tube in 20-30 seconds, 1/2" x 4" fountain tube in 1 minute, 1/2" x 5" rocket tube in 2 minutes and 3/4" cake tubes 30 seconds.

As you scale your tubes up they consume considerably more paper and therefore take slightly longer, but I could get a decent thickness 1" tube in under 3 minutes, about the time it takes to browse through a web page and order a few tubes!

The 'perfect' paper to use is paper underlay, I bought 5 x 20 metre x 1 metre rolls for just over £10 from a place in Warrington. This is enough to make thousands of tubes and should last a good couple of years for me. It is 125gsm, similar to kraft but much thicker, and absorbs the glue well, its the closest paper I've found to the chinese tube paper.

Nice thick Wilkos own wallpaper paste is good for cheaper tubes, and for stronger ones which need drying rapidly I use PVA glue.

Another advantage of rolling your own tubes is you can use the former which is also going to be used for ramming, giving a perfect fit as this paper does not shrink at all when dried.

Hopefully this will inspire you to go and get some tube rolling done, in one afternoon of tube rolling you can have enough tubes to last you months, and they cost almost nothing. I personally would not go back to bought tubes except for mortars as I dont have a large enough former.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#12 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

thanks, hmm, roll your own mortar tubes, has it been done? ^_^

#13 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

thanks, hmm, roll your own mortar tubes, has it been done? ^_^

I rolled a mortar tube for 1.5" shells using a rolling pin, which works reasonably well, anything bigger and I will need to find a source for large dowels. I also roll 1 1/4" tubes for my 1" shells as their inside diameter, and not outside diameter turned out to be 1". I bought hundreds of these from supremepyro, and the quality is good. Anything above these sorts of sizes and your better off buying commercial mortars anyway.

I attempted a 2" mortar but found the length of the former was not enough at only 11" long, and I get them free from work now as industrial sized clingfilm rolls used for wrapping palletes.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#14 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:06 AM

Will have the tubes back on sale but in longer lengths either today or tomorrow, then when they are gone they are gone... no more. The tubes for sale will be the same diametre but in longer lengths - which most people find best anyway so you can just cut them to what ever size you want. 1/4 " ID tubes will be in 8 inch lengths, 3/4 " ID tubes will be 36", 1 " ID tubes will be 36".

The reason behind it is there is hardly any profit for the work involved and im far to busy with my other 2 jobs to carry on so its not worth it. There just wasnt enough interest to make the business worth while, and the prices set had been chosen carefully to make sure they were OK prices while i still made profit, the postage wasnt cheap for them neither with them being very hard and thick walled. If the tubes didnt cost sooo much in the first place from the manufacturers it might of been ok, and good look to anyone trying to provide high strength (thick,tight walled) pyro tubes in the UK - i looked and looked to find cheaper tubes with the same quality and thickness as the ones i had but found nothing. Sorry to the people who i said i would buy more stock in to but i coudlnt carry this on i need to make money out of it not shrapnel.

#15 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:35 AM

wait.... you run pyrotubes4europe?

I nearly made a order there before i realized i was about to pay $30 to have paper tubes sent half way around the world, if postage wasn't such a killer it would be ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users