#46 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

German engineering at it's best Paul :)
What is the use of such small ignitors anyway? Special effects come to mind but i'm not sure.

#47 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:40 PM

Haha sorry I didnt mean to come across as though I was pissed lol

I just meant that I had worked specifically to get a 100% reliable e match with little work needed per unit. My experiments had mainly been aimed at doing away with the solder completely due to the fiddlyness and that I found slightly too much heat resulted in sometimes melting the insulation from the longer lead making it necessary to test every e match after manufacture to ensure they were OK to use.

Like said before they are small ematches and whatever works well for an individual is best to use. :-)

#48 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

If you're wanting to solder the nichrome and are worried about burning through the insulation on the main wire, can i suggest either cross-linked PVC or Tefzel insulated wire? both have a higher melting point than standard PVC.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#49 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:07 PM

I'm just wondering if they are any effective primers that don't use KClO3 ?? I don't want to use the stuff, yet. Would a perc/C/S prime, then once dry dipped in a BP slurry work ?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users