• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

Anyone else going? I'll be there taking pics.

#2 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

Don't have any tickets, it crept up on me this year, but I may turn up if the GF can be persuaded!

Should be a good night.

#3 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:48 PM

http://www.festivaloffireworks.co.uk/

Well, I did make it in the end!

Here's my brief writeup with pics:

(My photos are here:)

http://www.flickr.co...57601851865266/

The evening started with some announcements accompanied by sky lanterns (only noticed after reviewing the shots that they have 'love'
printed on them!), followed by a beautiful intro of traditional set-pieces and comets. WenHua started the main displays,
followed by Alan Hilary, Skyburst, and finished with a fantastically loud finale by Jubilee.

'twas a great evening despite a rather strong breeze blowing debris towards the audience. At one point in WenHua's display, a volley of
shell-deployed lanterns drifted right down ontop of the spectators, thankfully most of the lances burnt out before landing on people's
heads! Don't suppose you managed to grab one Rich? - the one that almost hit my GF was quickly stolen by the people behind us and I couldn't be bothered trying to get it back!

The photos are all taken with a 300mm lens - my first attempt at pyro photography with such a beast. I learnt alot about my settings and how to approach the shots next time I use the lens. Apologies for the blurry image quality - my shutter speeds were evidently a little long!

I also uploaded a couple of shots to the pyrobin, including a retouched shot of a glitter girandola:

http://www.pyrobin.c...es/_mg_0160.jpg

I didn't manage to get any photos of WenHua's lantern shells, but they were great - never seen any before and I was impressed! Another effect that was new to me was Jubilee's large, seemingly self-propelled comets (jubilee_11 & _12) They looked a little like large go-getters, but flew straight... Any ideas? Did you notice these Richard?

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:37 PM

I noticed the self-propelled comets too. I suspect they must be stinger-type devices fired from candles. I have a pic of them below (last one). Funny enough one of the lanterns landed behind us too hehe. I have a lot of pics to sort through, along with the ones from Stanford Hall and Plymouth, but for now I uploaded 4 of the better ones...

Some of my pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users