5 replies to this topic

#1 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 06:54 PM

Hi, i have been thinking about this effect for a while: A candle type device which, instead of ejecting a star, ejects a high-speed spray of sparks. Judging by a test i did, I need to make a roman candle, and add the spark comp (i'm adjusting a standard fountain comp), but instead of making a star, just ram it on top of the lift charge.
What i would like is input- mods to a fountain comp, what the effect or device is called, people who have experience with this device, is it new or old?

thanks for any replies (apart from flaming) that you write.
I am actually trying to get enough of the right effects to make a display timed to Benny Benassi's Satisfaction track by Guy Fawke's night next year. Ideas for this, timing, electronic versus fuse ignition would be apprieciated as well.

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 07:01 PM

Do you mean stage jets? They produce a fiece plume of sparks for around a second with little smoke.

These are sold in the uk by Le Maitre.

http://www.lemaitrel...&idxCategory=10

#3 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 09:17 PM

Also the 1/2s (ie 1/2 x 20) duration stage gerbs. They are quite a nice effect but powerful, burning the whole comp in such a short time.

#4 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:34 PM

How do they make them so there is so little smoke.

#5 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 08:06 AM

What i want is a effect that goes off with a bang (lift charge of bp) like a candle or a mine. The Lift charge blows out a stream off sparks from the tube. Replies to the second part of my post would be nice :)

#6 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 11:49 AM

use stage mines then. By the way, you will need a pretty good firing system or a fast hand and nail board to get it right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users