61 replies to this topic

#16 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 07:51 PM

haha turns out we have a huge tub of corn flour in our cupboard. :rolleyes: im just cooking some now:)erm anyone cooked it on a gas cokker?what gasmark and for how long?im doing it on gas mark 3 for however long it takes to go dim yellow since i aint got no iodine soln.

#17 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:44 AM

got my black match work briliant now, thanks for your halp and advie ppl. :D

#18 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:17 AM

I cooked my cornflour in the oven on gas mark 6 for 2 hours. Every 20 mins, I'd turn/mix it until I could not see any difference in colour between the flour on the surface and the flour underneath the surface. Currently making my first batch of blackmatch now...

#19 mrpyromx

mrpyromx

Pyro Hobbiest

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:36 AM

Pyromaster2003 good luck with your thumb, that smarts, been there, hurt like hell. invest in a bandsaw. ;) RegimentalPyro good luck with your black match!

#20 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:45 AM

Good to see its workin for ya' now Chris, now try to get every batch to work good! theres always one which makes you smack your head and think "con sarnit' I just wasted an hour of labour and a day of waiting for this crap, oh well, into the quickmatch pipe you go" speaking of which, anyone made quickmatch rockets? great way to waste a batch of black match.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#21 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:33 PM

yer, i changed the gas mark to 6 for 1.5 hours after looking in a cook book on making chocolate cake and found out that 400F is gas 6:)i turned mine over with a spatular every half hour and it turned out realy good. the black match is great, still gets a few tiny blubble of slag but burns great and looks more like the rea stuff now. also made some stars with the dextrin and BP and there turned out pretty good too. my thumb isnt as bad as it looked now i cleened it up a bit, just bled a lot.

#22 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 11:51 PM

Just thought you might like to know that I did the same thing with my thumb, chopping wood about 10 years ago.

I still have a kinda numb sensation in the end of my thumb...

Regarding the bandsaw, my daughter will be scarred for life after she cut half way through her finger with one of those things. All in all I say stick to making pyro, much safer!

#23 mrpyromx

mrpyromx

Pyro Hobbiest

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 03:06 AM

when i was in high school, my tech teacher was in the middle of a safty lecture concerning a bandsaw and during the demonstration and lobbed off a finger and had to be rushed to the hospital.

#24 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 06:42 AM

There goes the no claims bonus. Do you have no claim's bonus's for health insurance in America?

#25 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 10:20 AM

Makes you wonder what could happen at a pyro convention when somebody is giving a safety demo :blink:
Just out up another page on my site, thats right, black match making. Its not really informative because it isnt really a how to, same with most of my projects. You only really understand whats going on if you already know how do make the device. Anyway i just thought you might be curious as to my methods (aimed at Chris) and the video wont be up for another 10 or 15 mins.... if that. Geocities has the worst uploading thingie.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#26 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:07 AM

il check it out now, looking forward to it aswel:)

#27 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:14 AM

the last pic aint working Matt. just downloading the vid now:)

#28 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:29 AM

Yea you wont have much luck getting anything to load at the moment, ive used up my data transfer limmit and it wont be restored for another hour. must be SOMEONE DOWNLOADING off my site..... gee who could that SOMEONE be... Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:

-Matt

#29 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 11:53 AM

:)

#30 mrpyromx

mrpyromx

Pyro Hobbiest

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:58 PM

if you need a place to host your site were bandwith is a concern, let me know. its not the fastest but i can set you up on my server. Pm me and let me know what your looking for.I'll see what i can do. free if its a pyro or motocross site or even just computer related. :D

Edited by mrpyromx, 23 August 2003 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users